NFLDraftSpot.com Top 100 2010 NFL Draft Prospects

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
I aplaud anyone who puts the time and work into this but no way Ciron Black and Marvel Austin slip that low.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The list was pretty good, but the fonts/colors made it near-impossible to read.

One thought about Top 100 and other draft lists:

They're not an end-all. Their key value at this point in the season is to give us a solid database of "players to watch" during the bowl and all star games.

What usually happens is that at least a couple of dozen additional prospects will emerge from these games and the Combine and Pro Day and the top 100 list will change considerably by Draft Day.

I usually use the Sporting News War Room prospect list as the "infrastructure" for analyzing the draft, but always under the assumption that - as good as they, ESPN's Todd McShay, Kiper etc. are - they're always going to miss a bunch of really good guys - so I'm always ready to make additions as we get closer to April.

For example - Until right before the draft (if even then) - who among us knew anything about a kid from St. Paul's (Va) College named Greg Toler)?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think Sean Lee from Penn St is going to turn out to be better than Navarro Bowman. He missed a few games this year due to injury and would be an excellent selection in the third or fourth round.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
when you watch the Fiesta Bowl --- keep an eye on Jerry Hughes of TCU

undersized defensive end who will have to go 3/4 olb. Very, very productive and a high character guy. Currently ranked -- prior to Juniors declaring -- around #25 or so.

Hard to believe a productive pass rusher would last -- but this is the guy who is my #1 "realistically could be there / meets a need / likely best player available" guy for the Cardinals.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Karma: I will be sure to keep an eye out for Hughes throughout the post season activities.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCoy and Mays in the 20's???

My thought was anybody who would draft McCoy ahead of Mays is highly questionable. McCoy is a very good college QB but I don't think he has the arm for the NFL.

Mays is an absolute freak of nature, I don't know if he still is but at one time he was the fastest defensive player on USC's roster, at about 230. If he lasts until 26 I'll be stunned.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
when you watch the Fiesta Bowl --- keep an eye on Jerry Hughes of TCU

undersized defensive end who will have to go 3/4 olb. Very, very productive and a high character guy. Currently ranked -- prior to Juniors declaring -- around #25 or so.

Hard to believe a productive pass rusher would last -- but this is the guy who is my #1 "realistically could be there / meets a need / likely best player available" guy for the Cardinals.

Hughes is a passrusher deluxe!!! I live in Dallas & have watched all of TCU's games this year, the kid would take our defense to a new level. BTW that site has us picking him in their mock draft. I would turn cartwheels if we got him, but just like last season (English), some team(s) will covet his pass rushing skills & hustle before our turn will come.

I think Hughes & Von Miller (A&M) fit the Cards 3-4 to a tee.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I aplaud anyone who puts the time and work into this but no way Ciron Black and Marvel Austin slip that low.

I could easily see Black slipping very low. The kid isn't even on my top 10 OT radar right now. He is way out of shape, super slow, and zero agility. His slow fat behind may have worked in college at LT but in the pro's I think he is more of a Guard. I don't even think he can play RT in the Pro's. One of the more overrated prospects coming into the season. I think anyone can wait until the 3rd round to grab him they still wanted to.

If it wasn't clear I am not a fan.:D

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Mays is an absolute freak of nature, I don't know if he still is but at one time he was the fastest defensive player on USC's roster, at about 230. If he lasts until 26 I'll be stunned.

on one hand I agree about Mays physical tools

on the other -- I seemed like everytime I watched USC, there was him taking false steps or a bad angle or a bad gamble in coverage and the other team scoring a long td.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
too bad the Cards don't really need safety help. Eric Berry and Taylor Mayes are nice but Chad Jones,from LSU, may be the best of the bunch. If that guys hit you, you're going backwards. He was very impressive yesterday. So were John Navarro Bowman :D and Sean Lee from PSU. I could see Bowman being our pick,if McClain is gone. I think he could play outside or move into Dansby's spot.He's had some off filed issues in the past but you can't question his talent.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
on one hand I agree about Mays physical tools

on the other -- I seemed like everytime I watched USC, there was him taking false steps or a bad angle or a bad gamble in coverage and the other team scoring a long td.

I hate to go down the Raynoch Thompson Road but if Mays was there at our pick I would consider grooming him to play in the box at OLB. Last year he would have been a top 5 pick. This year he has no LBs in front of him so his coverage skills were exploited. He will be a stud at the next level.