NFL lockout is NOT over!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the only reason i could take this article seriously is just in the case this journalist was involved in a ************** with goodel and smith

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rich Eisen said on The Dan Patrick Show this morning that he expects a deal by mid-July, as well. I CBA is not a small document; it'll take some time.

A lot of fans will have gotten really angry over a late free agency period and some missed minicamps.

Pat Kirwan said the same thing on Sirius

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Prediction - There won't be a "final" all-encompassing contract agreed-to very soon.

Instead, the two parties will kick the can farther down the road by agreeing to smaller pieces of the agreement which will enable business to be done throughout the remainder of preseason - i.e. trades, free agency & possibly even practices (& maybe even games).

Eventually, they might even agree to proceed on all fronts under 2010 rules, with the understanding that a final-final deal may contain terms retroactive to the current contract year (i.e. Player A - under contract - would be paid according to the terms of that contract; but could have those terms adjusted later-on - upward or downward - to conform to the terms of the final-final contract).

At least, in this way, business would continue with no further disruption while, concurrently, the big issues of revenue-splits, rookie cap levels etc. continued to be negotiated.

I'm guessing the lawyers would scream bloody murder over this, but the Krafts and Saturdays of the world would find a way to get the job done.

It just makes common sense to proceed along those lines.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i was kind of looking forward to seeing the scabs play

LOL the Cards had to use "scabs" for the Charity Golf Tournament last month.

Normally several of the current players participate. Fitz is a fairly good golfer but most of them are worth the price of admission to watch them try to hit a golf ball.

But this year they had to scrounge up former NFL players to fill in.

I played with Nick Leckey one year and Scott Player the next. Both were released that fall. The players sent me a letter saying I can't come back.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Prediction - There won't be a "final" all-encompassing contract agreed-to very soon.

Instead, the two parties will kick the can farther down the road by agreeing to smaller pieces of the agreement which will enable business to be done throughout the remainder of preseason - i.e. trades, free agency & possibly even practices (& maybe even games).

Eventually, they might even agree to proceed on all fronts under 2010 rules, with the understanding that a final-final deal may contain terms retroactive to the current contract year (i.e. Player A - under contract - would be paid according to the terms of that contract; but could have those terms adjusted later-on - upward or downward - to conform to the terms of the final-final contract).

At least, in this way, business would continue with no further disruption while, concurrently, the big issues of revenue-splits, rookie cap levels etc. continued to be negotiated.

I'm guessing the lawyers would scream bloody murder over this, but the Krafts and Saturdays of the world would find a way to get the job done.

It just makes common sense to proceed along those lines.

Prediction: The owners will not put off to tomorrow what they firmly believe has to be done today. Revenue splits agreed to or no deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard