News Flash Per Ny Times!!!

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
NEWS ALERT
Two Sons of Osama bin Laden Are Arrested in Afghanistan, Associated Press Reports (10:23 AM ET)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Whooooo...what a dirty trick! Capture the kids to lure daddy in from the cold. I love it!

Or maybe he won't even notice they're gone (he's got so many!)

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Great!!! Lets get the old man, then that other idiot in Iraq is next. I think we should bring BinLaden to the Cards facility, and have him become a human tackling dummy. First up BIG!!

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I would rather let Tillman have a few hours alone with him in a room.

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeAnna
Whooooo...what a dirty trick! Capture the kids to lure daddy in from the cold. I love it!

Or maybe he won't even notice they're gone (he's got so many!)

Do you really think it will lure THIS father?

Pete

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so fast...

CNN reports this may be false:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. officials told CNN on Friday they can't substantiate and don't believe a report that two sons of Osama bin Laden have been captured in Afghanistan.

The U.S. officials said they are still investigating the reports from wire services quoting a Pakistani provincial official, but do not believe it is accurate.

Officials from the Pakistani Interior and Interior ministries told CNN they are not aware of any arrests.

Both The Associated Press and Reuters quote Sanaullah Zehri, Pakistan's home minister in the southwestern province of Baluchistan, as saying the men were arrested in the Rabat area, where the borders of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran meet. The wires also quote Zehri as saying seven other al Qaeda members were killed in the raid.

"We have heard that they (the sons) may have been arrested. But our information may not be 100 percent true," Reuters quotes Zehri as saying.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: Not so fast...

Originally posted by Dback Jon
CNN reports this may be false:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. officials told CNN on Friday they can't substantiate and don't believe a report that two sons of Osama bin Laden have been captured in Afghanistan.

The U.S. officials said they are still investigating the reports from wire services quoting a Pakistani provincial official, but do not believe it is accurate.

Officials from the Pakistani Interior and Interior ministries told CNN they are not aware of any arrests.

Both The Associated Press and Reuters quote Sanaullah Zehri, Pakistan's home minister in the southwestern province of Baluchistan, as saying the men were arrested in the Rabat area, where the borders of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran meet. The wires also quote Zehri as saying seven other al Qaeda members were killed in the raid.

"We have heard that they (the sons) may have been arrested. But our information may not be 100 percent true," Reuters quotes Zehri as saying.

Maybe the US is spreading some misinfo of its own? Our govt was pretty pissed at how fast the PAkistani's reported the last capture. Maybe we're trying to keep this one a bit more under wraps so we can more effectively "interrogate"

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Just to let you all know, if the report is true (which I don't know) it's pretty standard modus operandi for counter-intelligence types.
A man can be neutralized and rendered ineffective by bringing down everyone around him without ever having to actually actively pursue the individual himself. By capturing most of someone's entire inner circle the man they are targeting becomes "neutralized" because those who are left are so stricken with fear that they "are next" that the operation is in effect shut down.

This is accomplished by capturing their friends, family, (and yes, even children). People in the inner circle keep hearing "they got so and so" or " they got so and so's dad". People who were once thought "untouchable" get captured and the fear factor and paranoia among those who are left goes way up.

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all but that's exactly how the government brought down Pablo Escobar. Me being in the Army here at Ft. Bragg, I have some friends in the special ops community who told me a year and a half ago that this was exactly how this was gonna go down leading to his capture.

So far so good.

(he has 23 kids)

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
....speaking of f-ed up kids, did anyone ever read that article in Maxim a year or so ago about Saddam's kids? It was pretty messed up. Great read, though.