New Owner - Mat Ishbia

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ding Dong the witch is ALMOST dead!

I like that he played on Michigan State's basketball team... not necessarily because he'll bring NBA accumen, but makes me hopeful he actually, deeply cares about basketball and will be in it to win it and not JUST see this as a business opportunity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
why on Earth would that need to be mentioned in a Phoenix Suns thread.
Because the political leanings of an owner matter to many of their fans - if you have a literal techno-fascist (Thiel) mentioned as an option, a guy like Ishbia is a major relief.

You're not forced to comment on the post, and if you want to keep to basketball, you do you!

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Because the political leanings of an owner matter to many of their fans - if you have a literal techno-fascist (Thiel) mentioned as an option, a guy like Ishbia is a major relief.

You're not forced to comment on the post, and if you want to keep to basketball, you do you!
its shouldnt... thats pretty wierd IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion! As Dscher might say, you're welcome to it, and you might be right, and you might be wrong!
He's wrong about it being weird. Anyone with any sense at all should be able to understand why it might matter to fans. We want to win. Right now, bringing in an owner that is racist or supports racist causes would impact our ability to attract quality players. I know nothing about this guy but it bothers me not that he's given money to Republicans and Democrats as long as he isn't actively supporting white supremacy or child brides or something like that, most of us don't care.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That you think people like Thiel are racist etc just because he believes things you dont. Its all crap and im tired of it.
I didn't say that. I was just responding to the idea that it's weird for fans to care about what the owner might support (politically). Granted, I didn't want Thiel but I didn't mention him because I never considered him a viable candidate and it wasn't where I was going with my comment. I was trying to make the point that I don't think most of us are bothered by the fact this new guy supported Republicans most of the time, as long as he isn't lockstep with the Nazi movement or anything like that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose