New Contract??

legend

Veteran
Reaction score
Jurecki reporting : Dockett, Rosenhaus, Wiz and Graves to sit down tomorrow in Tempe for a meeting. I hope this goes well...ya know...
The Cardinals usually insult the player with a lowball offer. With a
guy like Dockett; emotion driven, this could go the wrong way in a hurry.
(remember Warner):bang:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
These are the times that those of us that are more optimistic about things hope that the front office really is changed from past decades. Signing DD would be a huge boost to the team and fan base.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
I dont know about the Cards usually insulting the player with a lowball offer. But I agree, I dont like this at all. That scum bag Drew got in Docketts ear and convinced him that they need to do something while he has leverage and Drew loves to use Training Camp as leverage. Damn it my gut says this does not go well. I sure hope I am wrong.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
jesus people, this has been in the works forever. maybe the cards just finally have an idea of the money available?

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
jesus people, this has been in the works forever. maybe the cards just finally have an idea of the money available?

You know the sky is falling and the Cards can never do anything right. Dont forget it was the FO's fault KW retired. :sarcasm:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score

I hope you are right. I guess his last tweets and then this I am on edge. Football is to close and I am starting to really truly jones!!!:D

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone knows that I'm an optimist about this team but who is the last big re-signing that we had without drama? AW is the only one that comes close but that is because he is class personified and even then there was a lot of time between when reporters were asking him about re-signing at training camp and he put his name on the line. We all want DD to sign but there is no reason to discount people when it isn't their nature to be negative.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Why is Whiz in the meeting? He is the coach. He needs to stay away from contract stuff.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
One of you smart guys --

What does this mean in terms of signing our draft picks? Or does it mean anything?
I don't think that it would this year since there is no cap but any future cap would have to be considered.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurecki reporting : Dockett, Rosenhaus, Wiz and Graves to sit down tomorrow in Tempe for a meeting. I hope this goes well...ya know...
The Cardinals usually insult the player with a lowball offer. With a
guy like Dockett; emotion driven, this could go the wrong way in a hurry.
(remember Warner):bang:

No I don't know that

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant - if they are sitting to negotiate with Dockett, does that mean they already know numbers for our 2 remaining picks?

Yes, I'm sure they do and they knew those numbers to about 98% accuracy the day they drafted those guys.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, with Gates, Dumervill, etc. all agreeing to extensions this week, it shows that it is possible to get contracts done with labor strife ahead.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I won't deny I'm very nervous about this meeting. IMO, Whiz being there isn't good news - only reason I can see him being there is to try and keep DD calm.

I haven't kept up with things this offseason, but didn't graves just recently say that nothing was going to happen with DD at this time?

Go Cards!!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The irony here is all the doomsday stuff.

For months, everyone's been clamoring for a deal to get done.

Now that a sitdown is scheduled, suddenly this is a bad thing?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
NINE-O with Jurecki in a couple of minutes, 910am.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"We can win campionship."

"Get ready to win our third title."

"We're going to have a lot of adversity and a lot of people are going to count us out and that's the way we like it."

"The reason we do more is 'cause we want it more than anyone else and that's our mind-set."

On leaving camp after working hard: "We leaving a pile of smoke behind us."

Yes! Keep an eye out for that Escalade, folks!

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He will head up to camp. Wants to feel accountable to team mates. I get the feeling that he seems to feel that his agent and team will work to get something done. He stated something in passing, "I believe in them to get it worked it out."(something to that effect). Jurecki stated that Dockett is confident something will get done and Dockett didnt correct him.

If Dockett didn't like what he heard I also get the feeling that he would not have made the decision to go up to camp.

Stated that even one day missed Dan Williams will be behind.

Branch lost 40 pounds. Watson about 20. Apparently the small rumblings about Branch not working out well this offseason may not be the case.

Good interview. Continues to talk like a leader.

Sign the man.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave