NBA Draft 7-29-2021: Suns select?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be exact, Shai isn't a PG, he's a SG. But you were right about him none the less.

Miles looked REALLY good last night. I watched the game live and he was making a bigger impact on both ends than even Quickley (who was lighting it up). He only ended with 1 steal, but that doesn't account for how he completely took out his player from the game while disrupting passing lanes left and right... and then shot 6-6 from 3 (he finished with 22/7/5 with 0 TOs).

I love JJ. But I wish he'd care about the draft more. Miles would have been cheap and is ready to play 3rd string PG now.

We can compromise and call Shai a combo guard. :)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shai is definitely a PG in today's NBA. He can be called a combo guard also but that's mainly because he has the size and skill to do more than just be a PG. He was drafted as a PG and played as one for the Clippers. It wasn't until he was paired with Chris Paul that he was pushed to SG and its obvious why he would when considering Paul is the top PG of his generation and Shai had the size to slide over.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns just keep missing out on point guards I liked: De'Aaron Fox (5), Shai Alexander (11), Tyrese Haliburton (12) and Mikes McBride (36).

They did draft Ty Jerome at #24!

SAG was picked before us.

but I was 100% on the Fox train I said he was going to be better than Fultz and Ball and he has been. That game against Ball in school was just a dominate performance. Really eye opening

McBride was a second round pick who hasn’t played a minute in the NBA I’m not losing sleep over that one at all.

Haliburton should be on this team. I get why he’s not

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SAG was picked before us.

but I was 100% on the Fox train I said he was going to be better than Fultz and Ball and he has been. That game against Ball in school was just a dominate performance. Really eye opening

McBride was a second round pick who hasn’t played a minute in the NBA I’m not losing sleep over that one at all.

Haliburton should be on this team. I get why he’s not

Yeah, we don't know if the Suns could have traded into the 11th spot for Shai.

There were rumors that Ryan McDonough wanted him but that's what they were, rumors.