Nba 2k11

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Very surprised that no one has started a thread about this game - bought it last night for the 360 and played for about two hours. So far it has been incredible - my only gripe thus far? When Nash goes to the bench, he sits on the bench as opposed to laying on the floor.

Where's the realism there 2K sports? :doi:

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome game also....do bad I cant play it..Short story my first xbox was almost exactly 2 years old...It went three rings of death on august 1...my warranty exp..on the 8th..so O got a new slim..almost 2 months old I buy 2k11..after saints game..I put the game in and nothing.ok maybe my son pulled a cable out check..maybe tv broken check..not a dam thing is wrong..My 2 month old slim is broken..been a week now and still waiting for power supply..Got to love microsoft...

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That sucks BTony I picked up 2k11 last week. Still getting use to the new controls.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
I traded Hedo and a 1st for Jason Thompson. I was getting killed without having a decent true power forward on the team.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, is there a "be Michael Jordan" thing on this game like the ads imply?

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
Hey, is there a "be Michael Jordan" thing on this game like the ads imply?

Yes. The game opens up with 1991 NBA Finals Bulls vs Lakers before even getting to the main screen. You control the Bulls by default.

From there if you go and beat the 10 Jordan challenges, you can unlock him and draft him to your team if you want.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
That sound so sweet I wish I could play....I played about three weeks ago..My friend modded his xbox,so we play the games almost 2 weeks or three weeks before they come out..my next game is Im waiting for is need for speed hot pursuit..

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. The game opens up with 1991 NBA Finals Bulls vs Lakers before even getting to the main screen. You control the Bulls by default.

From there if you go and beat the 10 Jordan challenges, you can unlock him and draft him to your team if you want.

I need that!!!

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the player ratings are a wack... at least for the suns. How does childress get a 77 and dragic only get a 68?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to pick this up as well. I will soon.

Magnus

Veteran
Reaction score
Playing it. The best computer basketball simulation by far :)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hadn't played a basketball game since like NBA Live 01. Dont hardly play any games anymore so I decided to pick this one up. I really like it but I dont get the controls yet. Is there something special you need to do to dunk? Everytime I'm on a break I pass it to Richardson or Warrick going to the basket solo and when I push the button to shoot, they pull up for a jumper or they stop under the hoop and flip it in... I haven't been able to pull off a dunk or an alley oop yet, but I've only played like 4 games.

Sorry, bear with the noob gamer please.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't played a basketball game since like NBA Live 01. Dont hardly play any games anymore so I decided to pick this one up. I really like it but I dont get the controls yet. Is there something special you need to do to dunk? Everytime I'm on a break I pass it to Richardson or Warrick going to the basket solo and when I push the button to shoot, they pull up for a jumper or they stop under the hoop and flip it in... I haven't been able to pull off a dunk or an alley oop yet, but I've only played like 4 games.

You have to use the agressive button.. (R2 on PS3) when driving to the basket while pressing the shoot button..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BTW.. once you get the hang of it, its a really addicting bball game.. It flows smooth.. Closest to a real game I ever played..

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You have to use the agressive button.. (R2 on PS3) when driving to the basket while pressing the shoot button..

Cool I will try it, (playing on PS3)

Thanks Gee!

PS this game is amazing. I haven't played one of these in a while but I'm surprised how far it's come. The Jordan Challenge modes are freaking awesome. You get to relive his greatest games, as him! lol

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool I will try it, (playing on PS3)

Thanks Gee!

PS this game is amazing. I haven't played one of these in a while but I'm surprised how far it's come. The Jordan Challenge modes are freaking awesome. You get to relive his greatest games, as him! lol

So it worked for ya?

And ya the Jordan Challenge is the ****..

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So it worked for ya?

And ya the Jordan Challenge is the ****..

Yep, worked like a charm. I figured the ally-oops out too. Man there's a lot of buttons. lol

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The injuries on this game on "Association" mode are stupid. I'm 12 games into the season and JRich is out 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist, Nash is out 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle, Frye is out 4-6 weeks with a back injury, and Lopez is game to game with a back injury.

I'm all for realism but jeez, this is dumb. I just quit the last game I was playing when JRich got injured, lol. I just turned off injuries, I wanted to play with all the true simulation settings but that was excessive.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent had injury problems.. I am playing with the Heat.. Im in the 1st round of the playoffs right now and the only injury(s) Ive had are Chalmers pulling a hamstring then blowing out his ACL after he came back from the hamstring..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson