My dream Defense

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
It's been a rough week, with losing Boston. Haven't had anything of substance to say, It's friday, I'm a city employee, I'm not working. (I'm waiting on 4:30):D

Here's my DREAM Defense!!!! given this week's transaction's I'm really emphasizing the word Dream:rolleyes:
This IMO has the Potential for Dominance
LDE- KVB passing downs D Johnson
LDT- Wendell Bryant...back up Barron Tanner
RDT- Marcus Bell ...time for him to step up
OR bring in Darrell Russell
RDE- Terrell Suggs "The Next True Great One"
LLB- Sugar Ray Thompson ...back up Fisher
MLB- Jamir Miller the most productive LB this system has ever seen.. Can create pressure on
designed blitzes up the middle & off the edge
& he's still a tackling machine.& has Matured
RLB- Rosevelt Colvin........Can do it all from anywhere
RCB Barrett, injuries & lack of pass rush made him look suspect last year, but he's more than capable.
LCB Duane Starks,... see above
SS- Sammy Knight FA New Orleans. Can do it all & has a nose the the ball
FS- Adrian Wilson, will only get better ,back up
Justin Lucus
What do ya think????

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Remember that McKinnon just signed again, he will be middle.

The only change for me would be to draft Newman at CB, and sign an end in free agency.

I also like Dexter Jackson at safety, although Knight is a very underrated player.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigdaddy_redbird
It's been a rough week, with losing Boston. Haven't had anything of substance to say, It's friday, I'm a city employee, I'm not working. (I'm waiting on 4:30):D

Here's my DREAM Defense!!!! given this week's transaction's I'm really emphasizing the word Dream:rolleyes:
This IMO has the Potential for Dominance
LDE- KVB passing downs D Johnson
LDT- Wendell Bryant...back up Barron Tanner
RDT- Marcus Bell ...time for him to step up
OR bring in Darrell Russell
RDE- Terrell Suggs "The Next True Great One"
LLB- Sugar Ray Thompson ...back up Fisher
MLB- Jamir Miller the most productive LB this system has ever seen.. Can create pressure on
designed blitzes up the middle & off the edge
& he's still a tackling machine.& has Matured
RLB- Rosevelt Colvin........Can do it all from anywhere
RCB Barrett, injuries & lack of pass rush made him look suspect last year, but he's more than capable.
LCB Duane Starks,... see above
SS- Sammy Knight FA New Orleans. Can do it all & has a nose the the ball
FS- Adrian Wilson, will only get better ,back up
Justin Lucus
What do ya think????

I don`t think you will ever see Darrell Russell in AZ.Jamir Miller is supposedly negotiating with Cleveland and he wouldn`t come back to AZ anyway.Sammy Knight hasn`t been on anyone`s radar that i know of.Like the Colvin and Suggs part.:thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but I quit reading once you said that Miller was the most productive LB our system has seen. He is not a MLB, and wouldn't fit there.

Russell? NO way Jose! I don't want to bring a guy like him to my community and team...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Sorry to say, but I quit reading once you said that Miller was the most productive LB our system has seen. He is not a MLB, and wouldn't fit there.

Russell? NO way Jose! I don't want to bring a guy like him to my community and team...

If the Cards let Boston "go" for his off-field stuff, there is no way on this earth they would even have Russell in for an interview let alone ever offer him a contract.

Even though nidan kills my trade down buzz with his logical arguments, I want to trade down and get Trufant and Henderson in the 1st round (assuming we get 2 #1s out of it) then get Redding early 2nd round...after signing Colvin and Okeafor/Holliday.

If we can't trade down, Newman is the man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
It's all good!!! like I said I was Dreaming. Hopefully Marcus Bell, can play well consistently, & I can move off the Darrell Russell thing. I think John Thornton, would be a smarter signing instead of Russell. :D did you hear that Krang??? Now I don't live in Arizona, so maybe I missed something. In regards to Jamir Miller leaving, when did he ever say he hated us, & would never come back??? My understanding was he felt he was worht 6 mill a year & we offered 3. he found out later no one else was gonna offer anything near 3 tried to come back, but by then we had signed frederickson. If he's mad at anyone it should have been his agent...Sammy Knight is a damn good football player....I feel this team must draft Suggs period!!!!!! whatever it takes....

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Nice post!

I agree with a lot of what your saying (except Russell and Mileer wont come back to AZ)

Sammy Knight is an outstanding football player...For those of you who only look at stats to determine whether is a player is any good-look at his

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4106

What it wont tell you is that he is a hitter and certainly is always in on the plays. Plus he has great size!!

The only drawback is his last name is "KNight"....If signed he may suffer an injury getting out of the cab at the airport!

Redalert

Reaction score
My dream defense would be!

RDE Vonnie Holliday backup Dennis Johnson
RDT John Thornton backup Marcus Bell
LDT Wendall Braynt backup Barron Tanner
LDE KVB backup Fred Wakefield

ROLB Rosevelt Colvin backup Levar Woods
MLB Ronald McKinnon backup ?
LOLB Raynoch Thompson backup Levar Fisher

CB'S Duane Starks and David Barrett
SS Sammy Knight backup ?
FS Adrian Wilson backup Justin Lucas

This would mean picking up Vonnie Holliday, John Thornton, Rosevelt Colvin and Sammy Knight in free agency.

My dream offense

QB Jeff Blake backup Josh McCown
RB Marcel Shipp backup Thomas Jpnes
FB Steve Bush backup Joel Mackovicka
TE Freddie Jones backup Mike Banks
WR 1st rd pick, Laveranues Coles, Bryan Gilmore, Jason McAddley and Kevin Kasper
LDT Leonard Davis backup ?
LG L.J. Shelton backup ?
C Pete Kendall backup Jason Starkey
RG Chris Dishman backup ?
RT Anthony Clement backup ?

This would mean picking up Jeff Blake and Laveranues Coles and some backup lineman in free agency.

This is the best I can do to fix this mess!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redalert
WR 1st rd pick, Laveranues Coles

Umm... How are you going to have both? Coles is a RFA, with the highest tender, so it would cost a #1 and a #3 to get him out of NY. Also, he wants to stay a Jet, so why would he even come here?

OP
OP
BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
Redalert, the only problem I have with that is No SUGGS on the roster!!!! WE MUST HAVE HIM!!!!!!

Redalert

Reaction score
My mistake on Coles, I didn't realize he was a restricted free agent.

I didn't include Suggs because we don't know if he will be available. I only included free agents because we know who is available. We definately need a wr in the first or second rd. The decision to not get anything in return for Boston left a huge hole as we all know.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Sammy Knight intercepted Jake twice in one game at SDS. That's never happened before. :) :)

Seriously, he was a damn good ballplayer then, don't know if he still is, should be though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson