My draft picks

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, this is not what I call my forte, but here is my thoughts on what I see developing at the moment.

Round 1. Jimmy Kennedy. I would be happy with either him or Robertson. But one of them should go here.

Round 2. There are 2 possibilities that intrigue me here.
One is Tyrone Calico. I would love to see him available here and the Cards take him. The other possibility that I like is Rasheen Mathis, CB, Bethune-Cookeman. He's big , fast, good cover skills, and a nose for the ball. He's played both S and CB, I think he would be a great pick here.

From round 3 on....I feel its just too much of a crapshoot to even begin having an idea of who is really going to be available.

Other players I would like would be Al Johnson, C. but I don't think he'll make it past the 2nd round, if he does. Great.

Bethel Johnson WR. He's got great speed, something the Cards seem to be placing a high priority on with their "new" offense.

So far those are the only ones that jump out at me. I may add more to this the next day or two.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Johnson & Mathis are two guys I love. I saw Mathis play twice and he sure stood out in the games but then again the compitition wasn't top flight. I've posted about Johnson several times. You get a b+!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
2003 Arizona Cardinals draft selections:

1st round (#6): Byron Leftwich, QB, Marshall
Graves & Coach Mac argue with Michael Bidwill for 13 and a half of their 15 minutes over this one with Graves & Coach Mac wanting to pick Terrell Suggs because of his hometown ties and ability to rush the passer, while Michael Bidwill wants Leftwich because "he'll look better in the new uniforms". Michael Bidwill leaves the room and calls the Cardinals War-Room on his cell phone, disguising his voice like Papa Billy's, and convinces Graves to take Leftwich. After the pick is announced, Michael lets the boys in on the prank. Just before Coach Mac punches him in the face (with Graves holding him) Michael Bidwill offers them both a Mentos, and all is forgiven.

2nd round (#37): Chris Kelsay, DE, Nebraska
Stumped as to who they can get to shore up their pourous defensive line, the Cardinals think-tank decided upon Kelsay based upon the reasoning that "each defensive end we've drafted in the second round from Nebraska has been better than the last one." Michael Bidwill wanted to draft Shaun McDonald to appease the hometown crowd, but is distracted by the Nintendo Game-Boy Coach Mac brought to pass the time with while on the crapper. "Ooh! Pong!"

3rd round (#70): Justin Gage, WR, Missouri
With Michael Bidwill safely packed away with the Game-Boy, Graves and Coach Mac get serious with their last pick of the first day. Both agree that Gage has the size and strength to make it in this league, and that at 6'4", 217 pounds, he will be very Boston-esque in the way he will out-jump and hopefully out-muscle any opposing defensive back for the ball.

4th round (#102): Tyrone Calico, WR, Middle-Tennessee
The Cardinals brain-trust begin the second day with the biggest steal, and their best pick of the draft. How this guy drops to them in the 4th is still a mystery. Coach Mac says of the pick "He has NFL size, NFL speed, NFL hands, and he ranks as an 87 overall in EA Sports NCAA Football 2003!"

5th round (#141): Rashad Moore, DT, Tennessee
Looking for a two-gap tackle to lineup next to Wendell Bryant, the Cardinals select this massive (322 pounds!) underachieving project. Their hope is that if Rashad can't out-muscle two blockers to free up their linebackers, he'll be able to baffle and confuse them with recipe quotes from Jim Ross' "WWE Cookbook", the only book he actually read in college...

6th round (#177): Austin King, Center, Northwestern
Coach Mac wants a legit starting center to step in and lead their offensive line, Michael Bidwill (now a part of the War-Room again because the Game-Boy's batteries ran out) reads out of "The Sporting News Pro Football Draft Guide" that Ausitin King's NFL comparison player is Mike Gruttadauria, and that it says he'll be drafted in the sixth round. Coach Mac looks at Graves, Graves looks back at Coach Mac, they both shrug and make the pick.

6th round (#210): Spencer Nead, TE, BYU
In the same vain that Emmitt Smith was signed to bring in Cowboys fans to watch the games, Nead is drafted in an attempt to get more Mormons to attend games, as a calming force between rabid Cardinals and Cowboys fans. "Praise be to Morandi! Go Cardinals!"

7th round (#219): Cliff Washburn, DE, The Citadel
Joe Greene lobbies for the drafting of this less than obvious project. But at 6'6" and 268 pounds with a 4.75 40-yard-dash time, no one can argue against the pick (would you argue with "Mean" Joe Greene?!?) Coach Greene pledges that if Washburn doesn't make the final roster cuts, he'll buy Jim Omohundro's lunch for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Calico drops to the 4th round????

uummmmmm .....I don't think so!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
:confused:

I'm just kidding Tango!

I know that Calico lasting to the 4th round is a serious reach...but it doen't hurt to go out on a limb once in a while...

OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd love it if he did, and the Cards got him. He's one of the few that I really have any strong feelings about. I think he would be a great fit here.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Capital Card
Pretty funny stuff. If anything from it comes true, I just pray that it isn't the actions of Mike Bidwill, Rod Graves, and Coach Mac.

Again, pretty funny stuff.

Go Cards!!!

Thanks...I think Tango and EdB need to share a mentos and make up!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard