My best case scenario for the Cardinals rest of the season

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
- Kyler balls out for the rest of the season
- Defense plays like swiss cheese
- Cardinals lose every remaining game due to bad defense.

All coaching staff + Steve Keim is fired. Cards get #1 overall pick.

Kyler Murray traded to New York Jets in offseason for Zach Wilson, 3 first round picks and Breece Hall.

Cards Superbowl contenders in 4 years?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Kyler Murray traded to New York Jets in offseason for Zach Wilson, 3 first round picks and Breece Hall.

I don't think having 4 wins is gonna end up at #1...Maybe top 10, but not #1, especially with Houston basically hanging Lovie Smith out to dry. He'll be 1 and done, ala Wilks (but there won't be a lawsuit...lol).

Right now the following teams have fewer wins than the Cardinals:

Houston
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Carolina (Cards beat Panthers, so would get lower pick in the event of same record.)
Los Angeles (Rams) (Cards beat Rams in 1st game, so the next game would help determine tie break, in the event they end up with the same record.)
Las Vegas (Cards beat Raiders, so would get lower pick in the event of same record.)
Chicago
Jacksonville
Denver (If the Cards beat the Broncos, a likely scenario, they would then own the tie breaker and would receive a lower draft pick, if the event of having same record.)

The following teams have the same amount of wins (4), today (Nov 22, 2022) as the Cardinals:

Indianapolis
Detroit
Green Bay
New Orleans (Cards beat Saints, so would get lower pick in the event of same record.)

You have to conclude all of these teams, or at least most of them, are now playing for draft position and next season. When you factor that, along with things like tie-breakers, the Cardinals may not even get a top 10 pick, only having 4 wins.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Cardinals will finish with 6 wins and 11 losses.

No one will get fired, and Keim will draft a Defensive lineman who will get hurt and suck.

This is the neverending circle of life within the cardinals organization right now

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talent wise we need to add 5-6 impact players and that’s very hard to do in one year. You simply can’t sign 5-6 impact players with free agents and you can’t draft that many in one year.

Our draft picks over the last 4 years should be blossoming by this time. They’re not. Instead we are filling position players like Price, Anderson, Garcia etc. and pray they work out.

This team needs an identity. We can’t run the ball. We can’t stop the run. Everyone is questioning the quarter of a billion dollar man. We can’t stop the pass.

If I were Keim I would draft and bring in the biggest baddest lineman on both sides of the ball. Create an identity.

We also need to utilise the players we have and know their limits. Connor is a third and short plodder and a late in the game pounder. That’s it. There is no way he should be running outside the tackles. Dortch should be playing more( not based on last night). He should be platooning with the oft injured Moore. There’s more examples but why best a dead horse.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best case scenario? The fact they might just lose the rest of the game is the best case scenario.

This team is unwatchable
I feel like that also but they'll somehow manage to win 1 or 2 more games. Denver is just as bad as us or worse so there's 1 good chance for a win. Atlanta is a coin toss. We have no chance against the Chargers, Patriots, Bucs & 49ers.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we do have some talent at our offensive side of the ball. D Hop, Hollywood, Ertz, Dortch, Moore. The only one of these players to not miss time this year is Dortch. Hopefully, at some point we can get them back all healthy. Missed any? Greene, Wesley?

I think Max Williams and Mcbride should also come around. We also have a very talented qb who needs to work and show why we drafted him #1. Kyler, you need to forget about doing anything that is NON-FOOTBALL related. Eat, drink, sleep football, nothing else. Get your head straight and Man Up. You have the talent, but not the SMARTS.

SK, you need to forget about drafting or trading for any offensive players that are not big, mean, tough, old, over the hill lineman.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Talent wise we need to add 5-6 impact players and that’s very hard to do in one year. You simply can’t sign 5-6 impact players with free agents and you can’t draft that many in one year.

Our draft picks over the last 4 years should be blossoming by this time. They’re not. Instead we are filling position players like Price, Anderson, Garcia etc. and pray they work out.

This team needs an identity. We can’t run the ball. We can’t stop the run. Everyone is questioning the quarter of a billion dollar man. We can’t stop the pass.

If I were Keim I would draft and bring in the biggest baddest lineman on both sides of the ball. Create an identity.

We also need to utilise the players we have and know their limits. Connor is a third and short plodder and a late in the game pounder. That’s it. There is no way he should be running outside the tackles. Dortch should be playing more( not based on last night). He should be platooning with the oft injured Moore. There’s more examples but why best a dead horse.
Agree, change the identity of this team at the line of scrimmage. Bunch of mean nasty SOBs are needed. We are as soft as the head coach and it shows. He doesn’t inspire or more importantly put a little bit of fear in these guys.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Except there is this little thing called the salary cap, that make a K1 trade impossible. So unless this is happening in 2 or 3 years, then we still have a lot to endure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Except there is this little thing called the salary cap, that make a K1 trade impossible. So unless this is happening in 2 or 3 years, then we still have a lot to endure.
Not impossible. Carson Wentz was traded the year his extension kicked in (I think). Jared Goff was traded the year before his extension kicked in.

You can do what you want under an ever-rising cap. According to OvertheCap, we'd save money under the cap if we traded Murray after June 1.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Kyler is a better leader than Zach Wilson and that is saying a LOT.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not impossible. Carson Wentz was traded the year his extension kicked in (I think). Jared Goff was traded the year before his extension kicked in.

You can do what you want under an ever-rising cap. According to OvertheCap, we'd save money under the cap if we traded Murray after June 1.
Ok nothing is impossible, I guess, maybe the correct word was implausible??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose