Munzee anyone????

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is another GPS based app game that gets you out and about. Its pretty fun. No one blows up your stuff like in Ingress!! Its more of a scavenger hunt.

You can punch in your zip code here to see what Munzees are in your area to capture.

Virtual Munzees can be captured by getting within 300 feet of them. Physical Munzees are captured by scanning the QR code.

You get points by capturing and deploying Munzees and a cajillion other things I haven't learned yet. I like to go hiking, so I deployed 11 Munzees on the back of the signs on a popular trail around here on Sunday. Every time those get captured, I will get points!

Lots of fun!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So were your Munzees physical or virtual?

It would seem like physical Munzees might be more fun.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So were your Munzees physical or virtual?

It would seem like physical Munzees might be more fun.

Ya they were physical ones. A guy I knew from Ingress gave me a bunch of them, little stickers with QR codes. I can see them on the Munzee map now, hopefully someone will capture them.

The nice thing about the virtual ones though is that they are easy to capture. You don't even half to get out of your car if you are within 300 feet, bingo you can capture. I will have to have my wife drive now so I can just be capturing those from the passenger seat.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya they were physical ones. A guy I knew from Ingress gave me a bunch of them, little stickers with QR codes. I can see them on the Munzee map now, hopefully someone will capture them.

The nice thing about the virtual ones though is that they are easy to capture. You don't even half to get out of your car if you are within 300 feet, bingo you can capture. I will have to have my wife drive now so I can just be capturing those from the passenger seat.

Oh, no. You should have to get out of your car although it's so hot right now I'm very forgiving. :cool:

Actually it's great for those who have physical disabilities.

The physical Munzees sounds a lot like geocaching.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, no. You should have to get out of your car although it's so hot right now I'm very forgiving. :cool:

Actually it's great for those who have physical disabilities.

The physical Munzees sounds a lot like geocaching.

Exactly. Great for exercise when the temps are ok, but you can also do the virtual ones with the AC in your car on full blast.