Mr. & Mrs. Smith (remake series)(Amazon Prime)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished. The last episode was fantastic. I don’t know if it’s enough to save the show for me. It’s supposed to be a spy show but there is so many pointless scenes with rambling dialogue. I don’t need it to be mindless but man they went overboard on that throughout.

I actually don’t think it’s supposed to be a spy show. It’s supposed to be a relationship show where the lure is the spy stuff. The spy stuff is never REALLY the focus of the show. We never really know the backstory for why someone is the target and why they either need to be saved or killed. The missions are really only important to show the progression of their relationship and how their actions at work define/change it moving forward.

It’s a total subversion of expectations… a pretty incredible bait and switch where, if you’re open to it, it ends up working like gangbusters.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don’t think it’s supposed to be a spy show. It’s supposed to be a relationship show where the lure is the spy stuff. The spy stuff is never REALLY the focus of the show. We never really know the backstory for why someone is the target and why they either need to be saved or killed. The missions are really only important to show the progression of their relationship and how their actions at work define/change it moving forward.

It’s a total subversion of expectations… a pretty incredible bait and switch where, if you’re open to it, it ends up working like gangbusters.
Even in a relationship story I don't want that much useless dialogue. It's really created some snooze worthy parts of episodes bogging it down big time. If it is actually a bait and switch that sucks big time because you are playing off the original and deserve whatever backlash from fans of the original comes your way.

Honestly, if they would just work on the pacing a bit it would be so much better regardless of what type of show it is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Even in a relationship story I don't want that much useless dialogue. It's really created some snooze worthy parts of episodes bogging it down big time. If it is actually a bait and switch that sucks big time because you are playing off the original and deserve whatever backlash from fans of the original comes your way.

Honestly, if they would just work on the pacing a bit it would be so much better regardless of what type of show it is.
This. 1,000 times this. I could have probably handled a subversion of the whole concept. It was just...boring. For very long stretches. I'm like Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge...just don't bore me.