Mongolian Beef

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use the asian seasoning packets at frys? The general Tso and fried rice ones are great. Recently we tried the mongolian beef and it is fantastic! Unlike the general tso which requires a lot of extra stuff and a ton of sugar, the mongolian is just soy sauce plus seasoning and comes out amazing. I add extra garlic just because its the bomb. Also sautee lots of green onions and bell peppers to try to have some veggies in the dinner.

Recently we had 10+ people over and happened to find 4 pounds of sirloid usually marked at $35.00 on manager special for 5 bucks. Did this and 4 packets of the seasoning and everyone loved it. Super easy to make too.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We make our own because we don't like MSG and junk. They are fairly simple to make.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont believe these have MSG - This is a step toward making my own sauce. It, like taco season packets, is very likely just a combinations of seasonings added to soy sauce to make the flavor.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do use the fried rice ones all the time; everyone in my house likes it. I think I picked up some General Tso's but we haven't used it yet.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did get General Tso's, and a Bourbon Chicken as well. I also got their Beef Pho packet...I've fallen in love with Pho...(too lazy to get the o with the squiggly on it so it's spelled properly, sorry).

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do use the fried rice ones all the time; everyone in my house likes it. I think I picked up some General Tso's but we haven't used it yet.
The fried rice IS good!
I did get General Tso's, and a Bourbon Chicken as well. I also got their Beef Pho packet...I've fallen in love with Pho...(too lazy to get the o with the squiggly on it so it's spelled properly, sorry).
General tso is awesome, not a fan at all of the bourbon chicken one.

Here is a recipe that I use except I add House of Tsangs Spicy Szechuan sauce.

http://www.sharky.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12

I've marinated a Tri-Tip in this recipe for 24 hours then slow cook on the grill. It comes out AWESOME.

I find those sauces are just too damn expensive - Working on slowly making my own.

Reaction score
The fried rice IS good!

General tso is awesome, not a fan at all of the bourbon chicken one.

I find those sauces are just too damn expensive - Working on slowly making my own.

I use half a bottle on a 3-4 lb Tri-Tip. With all the other ingredients you don't need that much.