Mock Draft 2024 Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Drake Maye falls and the Cardinals are offered 13 trade opportunities.

The Cardinals take the offer from the Giants which includes #6, #47, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd. The Chargers draft Joe Alt and the Cardinals still get Marvin Harrison Jr.

All of the top front seven players except Newonf were gone so Johnny Newton is the pick here. He doesn't have to start right away and gives the Cardinals some pass rushing pop to go with Justin Jones on passing downs.

McKinstry continues his slide to #35 and the Cardinals are happy to take him. Going into 2023, many prognosticators thought McKinstry could be a top ten pick, and he was strongly considered at #27.

With #47, I'll double up and take another IDL pass rusher. Throwing out Justin Jones, Johnny Newton, and Braden Fiske on passing downs could be hard to block.

With pick #66, the Cardinals find a sweet spot to draft a good IOL prospect. I hate taking players like him early, but at #66 and with so many picks, it's tough to pass up on one of the better IOL in the draft. He should immediately start at LG.

While I don't slot RB as a huge need, getting Trey Benson at #70 just feels like theft. I think long term, he'll be the starter once Conners contract is up. He's the type of back I really like, bigger back with speed.

I think the Cardinals need to take a LB at some point and Colson is a good one. A tackling machine who is solid in coverage and has good size.

Say what you will about small WRs, but Malik Washington was easily one of the best WRs in the nation. He was UVAs offense last year and has been good for years.

The Cardinals also walk away with one of my favorite pass rushers in this draft, Mo Kamara. He's highly underrated and was one of the best pass rushers in the nation and he also tested very well at the combine.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The Cardinals take the offer from the Giants which includes #6, #47, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd. The Chargers draft Joe Alt and the Cardinals still get Marvin Harrison Jr.

All of the top front seven players except Newonf were gone so Johnny Newton is the pick here. He doesn't have to start right away and gives the Cardinals some pass rushing pop to go with Justin Jones on passing downs.

McKinstry continues his slide to #35 and the Cardinals are happy to take him. Going into 2023, many prognosticators thought McKinstry could be a top ten pick, and he was strongly considered at #27.

With #47, I'll double up and take another IDL pass rusher. Throwing out Justin Jones, Johnny Newton, and Braden Fiske on passing downs could be hard to block.

With pick #66, the Cardinals find a sweet spot to draft a good IOL prospect. I hate taking players like him early, but at #66 and with so many picks, it's tough to pass up on one of the better IOL in the draft. He should immediately start at LG.

While I don't slot RB as a huge need, getting Trey Benson at #70 just feels like theft. I think long term, he'll be the starter once Conners contract is up. He's the type of back I really like, bigger back with speed.

I think the Cardinals need to take a LB at some point and Colson is a good one. A tackling machine who is solid in coverage and has good size.

Say what you will about small WRs, but Malik Washington was easily one of the best WRs in the nation. He was UVAs offense last year and has been good for years.

The Cardinals also walk away with one of my favorite pass rushers in this draft, Mo Kamara. He's highly underrated and was one of the best pass rushers in the nation and he also tested very well at the combine.
Take Fiske and benson out of that draft (bc I don’t think we get Harrison and those picks) and I STILL like that draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

An OT in place of Kool aid and I would be totally stoked with that draft

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
An OT in place of Kool aid and I would be totally stoked with that draft
Well poo @Krangodnzr , are you saying I actually would NOT be stoked with it??
Well holy crap omniscient one don't hold me in suspense!! Tell me how I would actually feel about it dude!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well poo @Krangodnzr , are you saying I actually would NOT be stoked with it??
Well holy crap omniscient one don't hold me in suspense!! Tell me how I would actually feel about it dude!
I'm just saying wish for an OT in one hand and poo in the other and see what fills up faster.

The Cardinals just threw $30 million at Williams. I try to make realistic mock drafts, not just positions I want filled.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm just saying wish for an OT in one hand and poo in the other and see what fills up faster.

The Cardinals just threw $30 million at Williams. I try to make realistic mock drafts, not just positions I want filled.
And 30mil over two years is a clear statement that he is not the one

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Have no clue past the first round who's good or not, but....

Rome OdunzeWR Washington

Byron Murphy IIDT Texas

Keon ColemanWR Florida State

Cooper BeebeOG Kansas State

Jonathon BrooksRB Texas

Javon BullardS Georgia

T'Vondre SweatDT Texas

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Rome OdunzeWR Washington

Byron Murphy IIDT Texas

Jonathon BrooksRB Texas

Javon BullardS Georgia

T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
That would be a homerun but I think many go earlier than the slots you landed them (Murphy, brooks, Bullard and sweat)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i sure have done a lot of these -- this is one of my favorites.

PFF fwiw -- half the time it takes the trade below, half the time is forces me to sub in a 2025 2nd rather than the 1st. Either way i do that trade. I also flip back and forth between Nabers and Odunze

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Rome OdunzeWR Washington

Byron Murphy IIDT Texas

Jonathon BrooksRB Texas

Javon BullardS Georgia

T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
This would be amazing

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

A little too light on CB, but I love adding Payton Wilson and Braden Fiske in round two.

Getting Braswell, Wright, and Baker in round three feels like good fits for team needs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Love it minus Beebe.
im mixed on Beebe.. the testing shows an issue with footspeed and some of the reports question his lateral movement...
But I watched the tape and while he didnt pull often...when he did he did fine.
with our offense we pull a LOT.... and I can see why we might prefer a guy with zero questions in his pulling ability... but with Beebe in particular it just may be a case in which his skills in other areas compensate for maybe being limited in pulling. I say maybe because while his testing showed limited ability, his play did not.

I dont think its a concern for us though. Monti will most likely draft an OT we can put at guard for a while...or an OG/OC hybrid who can play guard and backup Frodo

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
im mixed on Beebe.. the testing shows an issue with footspeed and some of the reports question his lateral movement...
But I watched the tape and while he didnt pull often...when he did he did fine.
with our offense we pull a LOT.... and I can see why we might prefer a guy with zero questions in his pulling ability... but with Beebe in particular it just may be a case in which his skills in other areas compensate for maybe being limited in pulling. I say maybe because while his testing showed limited ability, his play did not.

I dont think its a concern for us though. Monti will most likely draft an OT we can put at guard for a while...or an OG/OC hybrid who can play guard and backup Frodo
I've said it over and over, but you can find starting guards in round 4 on a near yearly basis.

Jon Gaines has a good shot to be an NFL OG based on his testing numbers and starting experience in college.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've said it over and over, but you can find starting guards in round 4 on a near yearly basis.

Jon Gaines has a good shot to be an NFL OG based on his testing numbers and starting experience in college.
you do say it over and over but thats just because everyone knows it. But if you like a guy you pick him where you gotta pick him and Beebe wont be on the board in round 4.
Im pretty sure we wont be picking Beebe... look for an OT early with IOL experience...that will be our pick. Plug and play at OG then replace williams in two years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a realist. The Cardinals currently have Starling Thomas as the #2 cornerback.

Who is a worse player: Starling Thomas or Jonah Williams?
I think Starling it currently either the 3rd or 4th. This is how I see it.

1. Murphy-Bunting
2. Williams
3. Thomas or Clark
4. Thomas or Clark or Price
5. Price or Clark

No clear #1 though, so you point is absolutely valid. Williams could make a leap this year and become a #1, but that's a big time gamble. And Clark, who knows with him. Did he put the work in this off season. Draft a true #1 and this unit looks much better. Your draft help solidify the secondary and DL. ILB looks solid too. Edge will be the remaining question mark.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
you do say it over and over but thats just because everyone knows it. But if you like a guy you pick him where you gotta pick him and Beebe wont be on the board in round 4.
This is a mistake that NFL teams often make though. Looking at that tough guy OL/DL with meh measurables who dominated in college, only to end up with a guy who isn't physically good enough in the NFL.

Im pretty sure we wont be picking Beebe... look for an OT early with IOL experience...that will be our pick. Plug and play at OG then replace williams in two years.
I can get down a lot more with swing OT, but even then, if they aren't going to start, even early round three is too early.

The Cardinals need impact players. People who catch passes, rush the passer, and intercept passes. The OL is good enough for now, and taking an early prospect is probably overkill when you could get a WR/Edge/DT/CB.

One of the best things we saw from the Cardinals is that they seemingly demonstrated they can get more out of OL than they could during the Kingsbury era.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn