Mock Draft 2024 Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. Particularly if we are moving outta top 30. Move back 8 slots in prime real estate just to move up 13 slots later? No thanks.
I've run through probably 100 mock simulations at this point, and so has my brother @Redrage and we both have come to the conclusion that staying at #4 is the absolute best option.

The 2025 class doesn't look as strong as the 2024 class looked last year so a future pick isn't as interesting either.

Id be interested in trading down from #27 to the early 30's because I think the talent tier is comparable. That's the prime place to trade down, trick the team that isn't being rational and make them trade too much for a guy who is equal to 10 other guys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

On offense I wanted to get 2 WR, a starting caliber G, backup TE, a backup T, and RB that could spell Conner, and ultimately replace him if injured. I traded down with Minn for 11, 23, 2025 1st and Jordan Addison. With so much talk about the Giants and Denver moving up, Minnesota was forced to kick in Addison. I traded back up with Chicago to get to 9. Obviously Harrison wouldn't be there at 9, so just replace with Odunze or Nabers if you please.

On defense I wanted to get an edge, a couple of DT that could push to start this year, a LB, and CB. I don't feel like safety is a huge need this year, but when Bullard fell I snatched him up. I would have taken Jordan Travis in the 7th if he was available.
We get all that AND Addison. I want to hire you to replace monti

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I've run through probably 100 mock simulations at this point, and so has my brother @Redrage and we both have come to the conclusion that staying at #4 is the absolute best option.

The 2025 class doesn't look as strong as the 2024 class looked last year so a future pick isn't as interesting either.

Id be interested in trading down from #27 to the early 30's because I think the talent tier is comparable. That's the prime place to trade down, trick the team that isn't being rational and make them trade too much for a guy who is equal to 10 other guys.
I'd only trade down from 27 if it involved 2025 picks. We already have 3 in the 3rd round and an early 4th, and it would likely be something in that range as compensation to move down a few slots at that position. As someone else suggested, I'd rather package 1 or 2 of those 3 round picks to move up from 27 vs moving back.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd only trade down from 27 if it involved 2025 picks. We already have 3 in the 3rd round and an early 4th, and it would likely be something in that range as compensation to move down a few slots at that position. As someone else suggested, I'd rather package 1 or 2 of those 3 round picks to move up from 27 vs moving back.
This is why I stick and pick still if I'm not trading down: the obvious reason you want to trade up is that the talent is better at say...#15 than it is at #27. The team trading down would likely feel the same, so it probably takes more draft capital than it is worth.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The reason I don’t feel like trading in this draft: we have a rare ability to draft BOTH quality (pick 4 and 27) AND quantity (7 picks in top 104). We need both quality and quantity. Why screw with it?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Forcing myself to stay put, I went with this. I'd be very happy with it all. I'm not sure I think it's entirely realistic at some spots, but it'd put us in a great spot. I see us coming away with 3-5 starters with this approach.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The reason I don’t feel like trading in this draft: we have a rare ability to draft BOTH quality (pick 4 and 27) AND quantity (7 picks in top 104). We need both quality and quantity. Why screw with it?
Because we’re the Cardinals ouchie, because we’re the Cardinals.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Amazing to me how many people are totally disregarding OT when the talent is so deep and Williams is so obviously not the answer for us.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Amazing to me how many people are totally disregarding OT when the talent is so deep and Williams is so obviously not the answer for us.
The way the draft has been falling to me in multiple mocks, it's either been reach for an OT or take a player I consider a much higher talent at what's still a major position of need.

It's tough because we absolutely suck at CB, our DL is stuffed with nobodies, and our situation at Edge is dicey at best. I can't justify taking someone with potential but lack of time on the field like Amarius Mims when Kool-Aid or Wiggins are an option.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The way the draft has been falling to me in multiple mocks, it's either been reach for an OT or take a player I consider a much higher talent at what's still a major position of need.

It's tough because we absolutely suck at CB, our DL is stuffed with nobodies, and our situation at Edge is dicey at best. I can't justify taking someone with potential but lack of time on the field like Amarius Mims when Kool-Aid or Wiggins are an option.
Mims would be a steal at 27 or 35 ...
The lack of top end defensive talent should in no way motivate us to settle when there is still high end offensive talent on the board

OP
OP
HookemCards

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I definitely looked at OT, both to possibly play Guard, and to be developmental for the next few years.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I definitely looked at OT, both to possibly play Guard, and to be developmental for the next few years.
I really want WR, OT, DT with our first three picks. We need the players and it fits the talent of the draft pretty well....assuming of course nothing bizarre happens on draft day

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Mims would be a steal at 27 or 35 ...
The lack of top end defensive talent should in no way motivate us to settle when there is still high end offensive talent on the board
Sorry, he scares me. 8 starts? A significant injury history? It feels like a Keim pick.

I would argue that generally, a team picking at 27 is probably good enough to take the risk to sideline a guy like Mims and develop him based on upside. As a really bad team overall, I'd like to get some players on the field.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I really want WR, OT, DT with our first three picks. We need the players and it fits the talent of the draft pretty well....assuming of course nothing bizarre happens on draft day
Why isn't CB on your list? I find that one of our most disastrous positions. I don't think we can cover anyone with the current lineup.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why isn't CB on your list? I find that one of our most disastrous positions. I don't think we can cover anyone with the current lineup.
Because there isn't a CB available who will help this defense until we strengthen the front seven. It is a wasted pick, when we can add guys late to develop then pick up a vet who gets cut for cap reasons after his team drafts a corner high .

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sorry, he scares me. 8 starts? A significant injury history? It feels like a Keim pick.

I would argue that generally, a team picking at 27 is probably good enough to take the risk to sideline a guy like Mims and develop him based on upside. As a really bad team overall, I'd like to get some players on the field.
Not a significant injury history. He had one injury and came back too soon. Eight starts isn't many. But he dominated against some decent talent in those starts. Mims is going to be really good in the NFL for a long time

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Because there isn't a CB available who will help this defense until we strengthen the front seven. It is a wasted pick, when we can add guys late to develop then pick up a vet who gets cut for cap reasons after his team drafts a corner high .
Top CBs in this league aren't found late. Are you talking about day three picks and "June 1st cuts," which haven't produced anything in forever these days, given the delayed designation you can give now?

Strengthening the front 7 doesn't happen with one DT and a backup OL. I guess I just don't get it.

Not a significant injury history. He had one injury and came back too soon. Eight starts isn't many. But he dominated against some decent talent in those starts. Mims is going to be really good in the NFL for a long time
He barely played, and had a major surgery for a big man. I don't hate him, but I'm sure as hell alarmed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Top CBs in this league aren't found late. Are you talking about day three picks and "June 1st cuts," which haven't produced anything in forever these days, given the delayed designation you can give now?

Strengthening the front 7 doesn't happen with one DT and a backup OL. I guess I just don't get it.

He barely played, and had a major surgery for a big man. I don't hate him, but I'm sure as hell alarmed.
Snead wasn't a high pick and the Niners have been getting by with JAGs at corner for years.

I agree that Mims wouldn't be a great pick. Too much risk, and OT has players there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Snead wasn't a high pick and the Niners have been getting by with JAGs at corner for years.

I agree that Mims wouldn't be a great pick. Too much risk, and OT has players there.
Well, the Chiefs have an amazing defensive player up front in Chris Jones, and the 49ers have a line that's anchored by the player I think we should have taken over Kyler (Nick Bosa). We happened to pass on the defensive rookie of the year last year, too.

Right now we're talking about taking a backup OT over highly rated CBs, or Latu, Murphy, Newton... I know it's not your argument. But I can't buy into the idea that we should count on getting lucky in finding our own L'Jarius Sneed in the 4th round. Do we remember Marco Wilson, who we traded up for into the 4th, and then cut in his rookie deal?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Yeah it doesn't have to be Mims...but the talent is there at OT... Kingsley should also be on the board in the 27 to 35 range...
Williams is obviously not the answer so we still need an OT. So why not get one when the talent pool is rich

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn