TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The winners for the four best living baseball players were

1. Hank Aaron
2. Willie Mays
3. Sandy Kourfax
4. Johnny Bench

I know there is a lot of discussion about bench's name on the list over Barry Bonds... but I don't even like their top 8 list..

On the pitching side, they have Pedro Martinez, Tom Seaver, and Sandy Koufax... where was Nolan Ryan? All time strike out leader and 7 no hitters? Don't misunderstand, I don't want bonds in there, and I don't think Bench belongs, but there had to be better choices than Bench and Koufax (Koufax was amazing, but his career short). While I thought they did a nice job at the team level, this list leave something to be desired.

I don't think you can argue Aaron and Mays at all.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. Hank Aaron
2. Willie Mays
3. Sandy Kourfax
4. Johnny Bench

I know there is a lot of discussion about bench's name on the list over Barry Bonds... but I don't even like their top 8 list..

On the pitching side, they have Pedro Martinez, Tom Seaver, and Sandy Koufax... where was Nolan Ryan? All time strike out leader and 7 no hitters? Don't misunderstand, I don't want bonds in there, and I don't think Bench belongs, but there had to be better choices than Bench and Koufax (Koufax was amazing, but his career short). While I thought they did a nice job at the team level, this list leave something to be desired.

This is such a tough list to try and only put in 4. There will always be players left off

Reaction score

1. Hank Aaron
2. Willie Mays
3. Sandy Kourfax
4. Johnny Bench

Never heard of #3. :D

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bonds is a given but The Unit should make the pitchers version. He was significantly better than Ryan.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would've been really weird to see BB out there.
While his offense was off the charts, his defense left much to be desired. I still remember that throw he couldn't make to get the out at home during the playoffs while playing for the Pittsburgh Pirates. I also remember him slipping and falling trying to field a ball in game 6 of the 2002 World Series.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It would've been really weird to see BB out there.
While his offense was off the charts, his defense left much to be desired. I still remember that throw he couldn't make to get the out at home during the playoffs while playing for the Pittsburgh Pirates. I also remember him slipping and falling trying to field a ball in game 6 of the 2002 World Series.

It was impressive that it was a close play considering he was playing down the left field line.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was impressive that it was a close play considering he was playing down the left field line.

Being a Barry Bonds fan, this play still hurts....still wish he would have won a ring. Thanks a lot Dusty!:mad::bang::soapbox::madarms:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard