Manny Machado

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Dodgers have put forth the most enticing proposal, Encina hears, with the Diamondbacks, Brewers, Phillies, Braves, Indians and Cubs (in that order) coming in behind them. But the offers are “very close” in value, per Encina, so any of those other six clubs could leapfrog Los Angeles to land Machado prior to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/7-teams-have-made-offers-for-manny-machado.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With that latest tweet, We might be out of the running for Manny, but things could change.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
With that latest tweet, We might be out of the running for Manny, but things could change.

I'm not nearly in the loop as you, but on the radio yesterday the guys said pretty much the same thing. They were actually saying they didn't think he'd go anywhere unless the O's lowered their asking price because the rumor was they want just WAY too much for him and that the market for Rental players is not what it used to be.

So they thought unless a team came in and did something stupid the O's would either keep him or lower their price. Guess you can always count on the Dodgers to do something stupid.... :p

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm not nearly in the loop as you, but on the radio yesterday the guys said pretty much the same thing. They were actually saying they didn't think he'd go anywhere unless the O's lowered their asking price because the rumor was they want just WAY too much for him and that the market for Rental players is not what it used to be.

So they thought unless a team came in and did something stupid the O's would either keep him or lower their price. Guess you can always count on the Dodgers to do something stupid.... :p

If the O’s don’t trade him their FO should be disbanded. You could argue it already based on them not trading him in the off-season.

Notice how the Baltimore Sun writer is the only guy saying they’re getting significant offers and keeps stating the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are the top-2. They’re trying to create a bidding war between division rivals yet nobody is offering a substancial offer. Of course he lets it be known the Diamondbacks lead is down to 1 game.

The Dodgers have the most enticing offer on the table, according to the source, though the Diamondbacks’ offer is just slightly behind as the two teams battle for the National League Westlead. Arizona entered Saturday leading Los Angeles by just one game.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-machado-20180708-story.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"At this point, I'm very doubtful," Machado told MASN'sGary Thorneabout staying in Baltimore.

That remark came one day after Machado said he'd prefer to play for a championship contender.

"Do I want to go to the playoffs? Yeah," hetold reporters. "Do I want to win a ring? Of course I do. Those are all things every baseball player wants, so for me to go somewhere and help out a team, I don't know if it'll be here or it'll be somewhere else, but I'm going to do everything in my power to help the team out."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dgers-brewers-most-serious-about-orioles-star

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Manny Machado Trade Rumors: Monday

By Steve Adams | July 9, 2018 at 8:56am CDT

The Manny Machado saga continues to be the focal point of Major League Baseball’s rumor mill and appeared to take a step forward over the weekend. Seven teams have reportedly made offers for Machado, with the Dodgers and Brewers now reported to be the most serious suitors. Today, MLB.com’s Jon Morosi takes a look at those top two teams and the manner in which each lines up with Baltimore as a trade partner.

Morosi echoes a prior report from USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, writing that Dodgers Class-A right-hander Dustin May is of particular interest to the Orioles. So, too, is Double-A catcher Keibert Ruiz, whom Baseball America recently dubbed the No. 26 prospect in all of baseball. It’s not clear how willing the Dodgers are to part with either player, though Morosi notes that L.A. would be reluctant to trade away either Walker Buehler or Alex Verdugo for a half-season of Machado.

The Brewers, however, appear to be a better fit in terms of the type of MLB-ready arms that they can offer, Morosi observes. Corbin Burnes and Luis Ortiz are both on the cusp of MLB readiness (to say nothing of Brandon Woodruff), and the Brewers have multiple players with MLB experience that have been back and forth between Triple-A and the Majors this season, including Orlando Arcia, Domingo Santana and Keon Broxton.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/manny-machado-trade-rumors-brewers-dodgers-orioles.html

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know why mlb writers and fans believe that they have any chance at these big name trade and free agent choices other than the two LA teams, the yanks and the red sox.

It gets really old.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Radio guys this morning reporting latest is that MIL is the favorite. Looks like BAL will get a good haul for MM after all. I hope MIL gets him and not LA, NY or BOS.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Radio guys this morning reporting latest is that MIL is the favorite. Looks like BAL will get a good haul for MM after all. I hope MIL gets him and not LA, NY or BOS.

I get LA, but why MIL over NYY or BOS? We are competing against MIL for the playoffs. Not NYY or BOS. Short sighted IMO.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get LA, but why MIL over NYY or BOS? We are competing against MIL for the playoffs. Not NYY or BOS. Short sighted IMO.

Agreed. Milwaukee is probably the best team in the NL. This would easily make them the NL Favorites by a wide margin.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not really BOS or NYY with him would be virtually unbeatable, MIL even with Machado wouldn't be unbeatable because their pitching staff isn't as good as BOS, LA or NY. Plus maybe if ARZ makes it into the playoffs they luck out and LA gets matched up with MIL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard