Magic vs Suns SL Game Thread 7/9/18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so interested in how the Suns will matchup with the Magic's twin towers of Isaac and Bamba. It's likely Josh Jackson will be out after undergoing concussion testing.

This will be a good test for Ayton.

The game is scheduled to be televised at 6:30 p.m. Arizona time on NBA TV.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some highlight video of Isaac and Bamba in action against the Grizzlies.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears the Suns are sticking by Bender at least for now.

Bender has yet to impress.

While his solid defense has gone under-the-radar, Bender is 2-of-12 from the field and has scored just five points over 46 minutes played over two games. He’s added eight rebounds and a team-high eight turnovers over that span.

“We’re going to continue to coach and teach and support him,” Kokoskov said Monday. “He has to play with more confidence because he’s got nothing but support coming from the Phoenix Suns organization. I wouldn’t overreact — he didn’t have the best two games of his life but that’s another reason why he’s here.

“I’m not overreacting over not-impressive game(s). He has to play the game. We can’t play the game for him.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/1591...-extension-vegas-summer-league-dragan-bender/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If a guy had a hang nail I would keep em out of summer league. Kudos to Jackson I guess because I'm sure the team gave him the option.
Nope. This is extended training camp and absolutely essential for this team. Other teams are using this time to evaluate players. We are using it to instill and offense and defense with the players who will have the hardest time adjusting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a guy had a hang nail I would keep em out of summer league. Kudos to Jackson I guess because I'm sure the team gave him the option.

I feel much the same. Winning summer league games is not a priority. However, I can see Jackson wanting to help the Suns in a tough match up against the Magic. I'm hoping good judgement prevails.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, you really can't fault JJ for his competitive spirit. I take it as a positive that he wants every opportunity to play and improve.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crap no NBA TV at this house. I'll catch the highlights but a I want to see Bender do well

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap no NBA TV at this house. I'll catch the highlights but a I want to see Bender do well

Me too but we may have to settle for watching a Bender highlight video on YouTube. Hope not but his last 2 games are quite worrisome.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Me too but we may have to settle for watching a Bender highlight video on YouTube. Hope not but his last 2 games are quite worrisome.
It's doubtful that Bender will get a highlight video on YouTube. :p We can dream though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender cannot afford to put up such easily blockable shots like he did against Harry Giles.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton vs Bamba is much watch television as is Isaac vs Jackson.

Should be a fun game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Bamba talks some smack.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I found the the twitter link from Scott Bordow.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not feeling like it's a summer league game anymore. It's beginning to feel personal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This damn storm has knocked out tv and internet where I live... while bringing almost no rain... what a load! I'm on the verge of being that guy who goes to a bar and asks them to switch to summer league basketball...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This damn storm has knocked out tv and internet where I live... while bringing almost no rain... what a load! I'm on the verge of being that guy who goes to a bar and asks them to switch to summer league basketball...

Go for it!

I'd be with you if I were there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have the feed so far on DirecTV.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm at target buying a roku so I can stream it. ESPN said its streaming on there app either way I was going to buy it anyway but I need to see this

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davon Reed with a 3 for first points of the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson