Magic @ Suns Sunday game thread 2-14-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns play the second of back-to-back games on Sunday against the Orlando Magic.

Magic are 10-17 and beat a much improved Kings team on the road Friday 123-112. Nikola Vucevic scored 42 points in the game. In the last ten games the Magic are 3-7.

Suns are 16-9 and have won five games in a row after beating the 76ers on Saturday. Suns are 8-2 in their last ten games.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

The Suns wrap up their home stand against the Nets on Tuesday which will be nationally televised on TNT.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First trap game of the season. True playoff contenders get up for the big and small games. Gotta do the same tomorrow!

It's is the perfect example of a trap game so the Suns cannot afford to let their guard down before their nationally televised contest on Tuesday with Steve Nash and the Nets coming to town.

The Suns seem focused but these are the type of games that have given them problems.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's is the perfect example of a trap game so the Suns cannot afford to let their guard down before their nationally televised contest on Tuesday with Steve Nash and the Nets coming to town.

The Suns seem focused but these are the type of games that have given them problems.

yup. As weird as it sounds this is almost as much of a test as today was. The ability to focus when you’re favored to win is an important step for young teams coming together as well as knocking off the big boys.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. As weird as it sounds this is almost as much of a test as today was. The ability to focus when you’re favored to win is an important step for young teams coming together as well as knocking off the big boys.

The encouraging thing for me is the Suns bench which is always pushing the starters. It's deep and they are hungry to play.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
I doubt CP3 or the coaching staff will let this team forget about the loses to teams like Detroit where this team felt like they could just show up and win against a lesser team.

Book and CP3 have also figured out how to coexist and close out games.

I’m predicting a win..

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns play the second of back-to-back games on Sunday against the Orlando Magic.

Magic are 10-17 and beat a much improved Kings team on the road Friday 123-112. Nikola Vucevic scored 42 points in the game. In the last ten games the Magic are 3-7.

Suns are 16-9 and have won five games in a row after beating the 76ers on Saturday. Suns are 8-2 in their last ten games.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

The Suns wrap up their home stand against the Nets on Tuesday which will be nationally televised on TNT.

he would be the perfect center on this team

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go suns send some love on v day get a w

Hoping solid gms from da book cp

Also hope bench does well sario payne cam

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The encouraging thing for me is the Suns bench which is always pushing the starters. It's deep and they are hungry to play.

I think Monty switching the starting unit helped a lot, even though it took some time to show. There's a spot open for anyone playing well, basically, and moving Frank there showed it. I know Frank added size but he was also the best bench player for a few games before he was made a starter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader, Dario Saric and Cam Payne are all listed as PROBABLE for tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Monty switching the starting unit helped a lot, even though it took some time to show. There's a spot open for anyone playing well, basically, and moving Frank there showed it. I know Frank added size but he was also the best bench player for a few games before he was made a starter.

Monty has learned he can add size to the starting lineup without hurting chemistry depending on match ups. The Suns are so versatile that many of the players can switch positions and the Suns don't miss a beat.

It like Devin Booker said.

From AP via ESPN:

“It's so nice, man,” Booker said. “We’re deep. I feel like we’re 15 deep. Everyone can play and everyone’s ready to go.”

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401267566

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Suns win this one. Daric and Bridges game tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... we should crush this team. Do it fast and put them out of their misery early!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for James Ennis being out this seems to be the same Magic team that beat the Kings on Friday.

No coasting allowed for Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith is inactive. Frank Kaminsky gets the start.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking ahead. Kevin Durant will not play Tuesday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr