Magic @ Suns Sunday game thread 12-31-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need to get something from their bench.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Nah, I have tickets tomorrow but I'm trying to sell em. My family traditionally has a day of getting bloated on mexican food and watching bowl games on New Years.

Also have tickets on Friday and Sunday, 3 games in a week felt like a bit much.
I made enchiladas, beans, and rice today!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Suns 67 - Magic 58

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At this point I'd settle for a rebounder and rim defender.
I know, but I am thinking Vogel is only going to play someone who can score because they will be left open off the big three. They would be a liability if they can't hit the open shot. Nurkic works because he plays smart as a connector, and has those sneaky moves to get his shot up around the rim. We just have to play through our weakness and outscore people. It's working tonight because we are not turning the ball over.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
EG has to shoot more off the bench. Maybe we need to get Saben Lee in there for some layups. Sure he can't rebound among their trees, but he can go around them on offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, but I am thinking Vogel is only going to play someone who can score because they will be left open off the big three. They would be a liability if they can't hit the open shot. Nurkic works because he plays smart as a connector, and has those sneaky moves to get his shot up around the rim. We just have to play through our weakness and outscore people. It's working tonight because we are not turning the ball over.

Suns are not going to be hot every night. They need more defensive help and rebounding when they have an off night.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns are not going to be hot every night. They need more defensive help and rebounding when they have an off night.
I was expecting better defense with Vogel. We got longer this off season, and we still seem like midgets among some of these Western Conference teams now!

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Nurk is good on offense but has defensive lapses. Carter has the 3pt touch in this game, yet Nurk and our D hasn't paid enough attention. If we ever learn to play proper team defense consistently, the offense with big-3 comes easy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is dropping back on those inside passes and coming out of there with the ball like Chris Paul used to do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magic bench with 29 points. The Suns bench only has 2.