Lopez Suspended 1 Game

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bump wasn't much. It was more of a brush. However, I think when Lopez went all mad eyed it scared the referees. Robin only hurts doors. I only wish he could play like he glares. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bump wasn't much. It was more of a brush. However, I think when Lopez went all mad eyed it scared the referees. Robin only hurts doors. I only wish he could play like he glares. :)

It's the glare that I was talking about. Refs just love it when players glare at them. Robin still needs some anger management help and a brain transplant wouldn't hurt.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a ******** suspension.

No it wasn't. Watch the replay. He stared the Ref down the entire time he approached him. He then walked through him. He tried to hide it by not throwing a shoulder but he intentionally walked through him.

Robin knew EXACTLY what he was doing and deserved the suspension. Look at the bright side, maybe someone can do something productive with the minutes he is giving up for that game.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think Robin Lopez got suspended for the best thing he does on the court, which is draw unnecessary attention from the refs. So he was at the top of his game so to speak.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
What the hell happened to the Robin Lopez from the first game of the season? He hasn't been anything much past a headless chicken running aimlessly since.

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So disappointing to think of how well Robin played for much of 2010 compared to what he has become. I never expected him to be a star but he was looking like a quality big man. And now he is probably our worst rotation player... and that says a lot with this roster.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
So disappointing to think of how well Robin played for much of 2010 compared to what he has become. I never expected him to be a star but he was looking like a quality big man. And now he is probably our worst rotation player... and that says a lot with this roster.

It was fools gold

Amare went on an unbelievable run and Robin benefitted dramatically. Unfortunately it only last about 30 games, I believe.

He was hurt at the beginning of the season and at end of the season. I think he only played in the series against the Lakers but was not nearly as effective as he was prior to the injury while playing limited minutes.

I was still a fan and really wanted to see what a Robin/Amare front court would look like for a full season with Robin healthy. We didn't resign Amare and Robin still has not shown up. I thought we had our front court for the forseeable future.

We will soon be in the lottery, again.

What happened?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade Robin for a mid to late first-rounder and be done with it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade Robin for a mid to late first-rounder and be done with it.

I believe if that deal were on the table Robin would be gone. As Robin will be a RFA anyone wanting Robin will just wait. I do not see anyway the Suns match another offer of consequence. Koufos was just extended for 3 years for 9M with a team option year. I can't believe Robin is worth 3M a year to the Suns.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe if that deal were on the table Robin would be gone. As Robin will be a RFA anyone wanting Robin will just wait. I do not see anyway the Suns match another offer of consequence. Koufos was just extended for 3 years for 9M with a team option year. I can't believe Robin is worth 3M a year to the Suns.

According to Hoopshype Robin's qualifying offer amount this offseason will be $4M. Considering that any scrub big man making $800k a year could easily match his production, I'm hoping we won't offer it and just let him walk.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to Hoopshype Robin's qualifying offer amount this offseason will be $4M. Considering that any scrub big man making $800k a year could easily match his production, I'm hoping we won't offer it and just let him walk.

No, we'll offer that. And he will accept it, and then we will run another year and see where we are with him.

The exception will be if we see a good FA that we want and we need the cash to land him. That will mean alot of behind-the-scenes conversations through back channels etc. I believe the qualifying offer has to be in place before the FA period begins.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The idea of paying Robin 4M instead of 3M just makes it more likely the Suns let Robin walk.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea of paying Robin 4M instead of 3M just makes it more likely the Suns let Robin walk.

If we pay that stiff that much the Suns front office has lost it. Wait...we already knew that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going on other team's websites, its amazing how often fans from other teams talk about trying to trade for Robin Lopez. Its not just fans. Steve Kerr made a public statement recently about the upside of Robin Lopez. I have to believe other GM's are thinking the same thing. (Its very similar to how many here view Randolph, even those the Warriors traded him and he is buried on the bench in Minny).

We might not want to pay him 4 million, but he has value. We have to find a way to turn that into a pick or another player or something.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going on other team's websites, its amazing how often fans from other teams talk about trying to trade for Robin Lopez. We might not want to pay him 4 million, but he has value. We have to find a way to turn that into a pick or another player or something.

Many of those fans have not see him play much. There is no way you get any kind of impact player in return. You might as well unload him for a draft pick.