Local Talent/Band Appreciation Thread..

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know some of you are members of bands or solo acts, but here's a thread for each of you to "show-case"/"spot-light" yourselves.... If you have any material that you want anyone to attend or have any gigs coming, here's where to post and keep everyone up-to-date...Nothing like supporting local-talent....

I know that obviously not everyone on here lives in the state
of AZ, but those "out-of-staters" are also welcomed to post anyhing they want regarding their music as well.....

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie, this is a nice gesture, but I think I speak for the other musicians on here that we don't really wanna pimp our sh*t to friends :)

Anytime I say anything on here about my music, it's usually free, unless it's like a show or something.

As for the musicians on the board, I know jonNYAZ is the guitarist for the local band Hollow. They just recorded a CD and I think they're looking for a new drummer & lead guitarist or something, and TrentAZCards I believe is in the band Drycell, if they're still around. His music was actually in one of the Madden games a few years ago. Great great stuff. It's a shame what his record label did to his band. The music industry sucks ass.

As for me, I was in the band Cast of Shadows. We opened for Fates Warning and Type O Negative last summer and were riding well, then a month or so later one thing led to another and we broke up. Now I'm working on a solo instrumental album that'll probably go nowhere, but I'm recording it for ME, so making money off it really doesn't matter. I'm probably gonna try to get a band together this summer and hopefully play out in the next year again. I miss playing shows, it was a lot of fun. Having 200 people singing along to a song they've just heard for the first time is a rush, I tell ya.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I haven't played in a band in about two years, but when I was in college at NAU I was in a band called the Degobah System, which actually morphed into Soulcracker, and I'm actually heading to LA this weekend to hangout with those fellas that are still keeping it real and plugging at it. In 2002 I was also in a short lived 60's-ish garage punk band called The Stupers, we played a few shows in Tuscon, then two members moved to N.O. My best band was called Nodule, which split into Trousers in San Fransisco and Safety in Los Angeles. Safety is still around, but I lost track of those Trouser boys.
Being in education, I have plenty of time to play, especially in the summer, but touring during the week is next to impossible. I also now live in Cottonwood, and the only bands around here are classic rock. I gave up music for a career, what a sell-out!

I used to sing, play keys and guitar, but all I have left is my 1984 Les Paul with EMG pickups and an old Crate amp. I also have my old PRE effects processor, but I haven't used it in years, and a wha pedal that needs a new pot. I'll keep playing the Les Paul until I die.

I also forgot about a really bad commercial band I was in called Hostile Locals. We were the house band for a club called the Old Post Office for a few months, and played some shows with Anyface, Milla Raspa, and a bunch of other Flagstaff bands. Ahhh, those college days...
We also played on a stage once previously owned by Dokken at this hippy festival-Equonox thingy. Our singer kept saying "we're rockin like Dokken" every other minute, completely drunk. Guess you had to be there...

Currently I'd love to put this project together: old 1960s, 1970s country songs played faster (double bass on the drums) and call it Morris and The Boys, from the movie Slingblade. Kinda a hillbilly/punk thang. If I relocate to PHX I'll try to make it happen.

The problem with bands is that it's a relationship with three to five people, so it's hard to keep everyone happy or on the same page.

If anybody wants to hear the Nodule stuff, I'll email you some tracks. PM me.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn