Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Series Premier is tonight. Should be interesting

:grabs:

------------------------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/entertainment/leah-remini-scientology-review/

Beyond the usual producers and editors, it clearly required a legion of lawyers to get "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" on the air. That explains the disclaimer that runs during each act break of this A&E series, in which the former "King of Queens" star details abusive practices with help from other former church members.

Remini comes to this process with a good deal of standing, having been an outspoken proponent of Scientology (there's video in the show of her singing its praises) before a public falling out in 2013. Since then, she has expressed regret and a commitment to discredit, as she puts it, "A church that I promoted, defended and believed in most of my life."

In the premiere, Remini and her fellow producers feature strong indictments from other past Scientologists, Mike Rinder and Amy Scobee. They also detail how the church has consciously leveraged celebrities -- most prominent among them Tom Cruise, but also John Travolta and others -- to "sell" its product, in the same way corporations use high-profile endorsements as a marketing tool.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. I know a couple that experienced similar things that she has talked about when they left the church. I have heard first hand some of what they have told me happened to them, what the Church did to them and what their alleged friends did to them at direction from the Church.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
She was SOOO hot back in the day.

Dude, I agree. The first few years of King of Queens I was like damn. I was married back then and my wife would ask how I could think she was hot when she seemed like such a b####. I told my wife it never stopped me from loving her! ;)

I still haven't figured out why it didn't work out between us...

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Dude, I agree. The first few years of King of Queens I was like damn. I was married back then and my wife would ask how I could think she was hot when she seemed like such a b####. I told her it never stopped me from loving her!

I still haven't figured out why it didn't work out between us...

That is EXACTLY how it plays out around here. The first 3-4 seasons of King of Queens......omg. My wife is always saying "but Carrie is such a bitch". Don't care. She was a HOT bitch.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was hot for her way back in her Saved By The Bell days.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Well glad she is exposing to the world what that religion can do to you. Tom Cruise at one point tried to stop her from doing this. But good for her she is going through with it.

OP
OP
Rivercard

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Very interesting second episode last night featuring Mike Rinder. Man, that guy has been put through the ringer! Leah comes across as quite the badass.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Leah. She is great on King of Queens. That show never gets old

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every society needs a few cults to make "mainstream religion" seem moderate.

Uh oh. I said it. :devil:

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Watched a couple episodes of this...just because I've always thought people who believed in Scientology were absolutely nuts, and after getting a glimpse of how these people think...it's insane how brainwashed people can really get. Pretty decent show, but very disturbing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this in any streaming service?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A&E I believe? So it should be available On Demand...depending on which service you have.
Probably not then unless it's on Hulu. I have that, prime, Netflix.

I guess I could watch on Kodi

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard