Last of Us (HBO Max)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I just got a HUGE spoiler for season 2 courtesy of some douchebag on Tiktok.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I just got a HUGE spoiler for season 2 courtesy of some douchebag on Tiktok.
That bites but I don't think you played the game right? If so, many of us know what was coming in Season 1 and Season 2. The only hope I have is they change things. Still love the show even though I knew what was coming for Season 1.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That bites but I don't think you played the game right? If so, many of us know what was coming in Season 1 and Season 2. The only hope I have is they change things. Still love the show even though I knew what was coming for Season 1.

I didn’t play the game but some a-hole started their TikTok with what I assume is big game spoiler.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7? Should be a full 15-20 episodes, smh
Dude… even major network Procedurals ain’t getting 15-20 episode season orders any more. Expecting 15-20 for a heavy effects laden show like this is out of step with the realities of TV. Hell, even when Walking Dead was at its height, I think it got 13 episodes per.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
7? Should be a full 15-20 episodes, smh
I miss those days but they are gone. Seems like 10-12 is normal. 7 to 8 is total b.s. though. I imagine it’s because many of these new shows are on streaming channels who have yet to make a profit. Seems like they are all cutting production costs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude… even major network Procedurals ain’t getting 15-20 episode season orders any more. Expecting 15-20 for a heavy effects laden show like this is out of step with the realities of TV. Hell, even when Walking Dead was at its height, I think it got 13 episodes per.
I thought that they should have split the TLOU Part 2 into two seasons. So 15-20 in one chunk, or with another hiatus. They will be missing out on a lot of story telling, like season 1.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that they should have split the TLOU Part 2 into two seasons. So 15-20 in one chunk, or with another hiatus. They will be missing out on a lot of story telling, like season 1.
For video gamers, sure. Didn’t seem like they missed out on anything for other viewers and whatever wasn’t in there, never hurt their ratings.

My guess is that the strike shortened the order this season somewhat and Mazin has ZERO desire to be doing this for the next five years, which is probably what you’re looking at if they split season two over 20 episodes and then had a third season. He writes the seasons primarily alone and that’s just a ton of work for one person. Especially because he only wanted to do two seasons at the jump and I think HBO tempted him enough for a third.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For video gamers, sure. Didn’t seem like they missed out on anything for other viewers and whatever wasn’t in there, never hurt their ratings.

My guess is that the strike shortened the order this season somewhat and Mazin has ZERO desire to be doing this for the next five years, which is probably what you’re looking at if they split season two over 20 episodes and then had a third season. He writes the seasons primarily alone and that’s just a ton of work for one person. Especially because he only wanted to do two seasons at the jump and I think HBO tempted him enough for a third.
Yeah if you were a video game fan there was a huge missed opportunity at the mall. There was the really cool sequence in the game that I was shocked wasn't in the series.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing that I could equate to would be adapting a movie from a book, and skipping an entire chapter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing that I could equate to would be adapting a movie from a book, and skipping an entire chapter.
Except if it didn’t make a difference to the TV viewer… was it a necessary chapter? That’s what any writer adapting a book or game asks themselves. If you can lift out an entire chapter and the story doesn’t change, that’s the first cut to make if cuts are necessary.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson