Lamar Jackson

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every day I hear that Lamar Jackson still doesn't have a contract, and when will he have one. And whether he should play w/o one. Now, maybe I missed it, but for me the obvious question that should be asked is:
Would he have a contract if he had an agent? If so, there would be a person working full time on contract negotiations. Am I wrong?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's the going percentage take for a big agent these days?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the going percentage take for a big agent these days?

3% on salary I believe, it's capped. They can make more on endorsements. Pays for itself.

But for Lamar to hire an agent just to handle his deal would be 3%.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the agent they just don’t want to pay him because of his style of play I think. That’s the story with the sports media

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd franchise him twice. Rb playing qb. His throwing needs to improve before I pay that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything I've seen in the media has been that the Raven's are desperate to do something and Lamar is the one delaying things.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They won’t give him the money he wants. I get it you got a guy in your own division getting paid a lot more than you.

If your Lamar you say hey I never sexually assaulted anyone, I’ve been a model on and off the field I’m an MVP. It’s not his fault the Browns gave that stupid contract

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They won’t give him the money he wants. I get it you got a guy in your own division getting paid a lot more than you.

If your Lamar you say hey I never sexually assaulted anyone, I’ve been a model on and off the field I’m an MVP. It’s not his fault the Browns gave that stupid contract

Lamar is in dreamland asking for a fully guaranteed deal. Ain't nobody giving an average passer that runs as much as he does full G's.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The team likes Lamar, but they don't want to join Cleveland in giving out a fully guaranteed contract. Even for different reasons.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The team likes Lamar, but they don't want to join Cleveland in giving out a fully guaranteed contract. Even for different reasons.
There could be a compromise.

5 yrs/$210mil

Gets Lamar guaranteed money and the Ravens get a budget QB at $42mil a year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamar playing this year with no future guarantees and likely playing next year for $45m on the tag is possibly one of the dumbest contract decisions by a QB ever.

He ain't getting a full guaranteed deal. From anyone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lamar playing this year with no future guarantees and likely playing next year for $45m on the tag is possibly one of the dumbest contract decisions by a QB ever.

He ain't getting a full guaranteed deal. From anyone.
Worked out pretty well for Dak, and he even got injured.

Worked out pretty well for Kirk Cousins, and he's a league-average quarterback with no MVP pedigree.

I would not have the confidence to bet on myself the way that Lamar is, but good luck to him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worked out pretty well for Dak, and he even got injured.

Worked out pretty well for Kirk Cousins, and he's a league-average quarterback with no MVP pedigree.

I would not have the confidence to bet on myself the way that Lamar is, but good luck to him.

None of those guys run 10x a game into traffic like Lamar does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson