Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lady Bird

Release date: November 3, 2017
Studio: Focus Features
Director: Greta Gerwig
MPAA Rating: R (for language, sexual content, brief graphic nudity and teen partying)
Screenwriter: Greta Gerwig
Genre: Comedy

Starring: Saoirse Ronan, Laurie Metcalf, Tracy Letts, Lucas Hedges, Timothée Chalamet, Beanie Feldstein, Lois Smith, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Odeya Rush, Jordan Rodrigues, Marielle Scott

Plot Summary: In "Lady Bird," Greta Gerwig reveals herself to be a bold new cinematic voice with her directorial debut, excavating both the humor and pathos in the turbulent bond between a mother and her teenage daughter. Christine “Lady Bird” McPherson (Saoirse Ronan) fights against but is exactly like her wildly loving, deeply opinionated and strong-willed mom (Laurie Metcalf), a nurse working tirelessly to keep her family afloat after Lady Bird's father (Tracy Letts) loses his job. Set in Sacramento, California in 2002, amidst a rapidly shifting American economic landscape, "Lady Bird" is an affecting look at the relationships that shape us, the beliefs that define us, and the unmatched beauty of a place called home.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone see this?

In light of the current climate, this flim, Greta Gerwig's directing debut, could be a sleeper for some serious awards.

A chance for Hollywood to say F u to the predatory male directors.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it a couple weeks ago. thought it was flat out great. really great coming of age story, nailed the period too.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I saw it a couple weeks ago. thought it was flat out great. really great coming of age story, nailed the period too.

That's good to hear. There was a very interesting interview with Greta on NPR recently, made me really want to see the film.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. There was a very interesting interview with Greta on NPR recently, made me really want to see the film.

She’s a massive triple threat talent as actress/writer and now director.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We saw this last night, I thought it was excellently done and very entertaining. It won't knock your socks off, but I thought they pulled off a very realistic take on the main character's senior year in high school in 2002 in Sacramento, California. She is part of a middle class family struggling with a lot of issues that really hit home. And how many films do you see set in Sacramento anyway? :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is officially the top rated movie in Rotten Tomatoes' HISTORY.

185 FRESH
0 ROTTEN

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
She’s a massive triple threat talent as actress/writer and now director.

Finally watched this tonight. Fabulous. Gerwig hits a home run. I'm a little disturbed we never get to see Lady Bird's mom reach out to her, but I guess that might be the point. Just a great film in so many ways.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally watched this tonight. Fabulous. Gerwig hits a home run. I'm a little disturbed we never get to see Lady Bird's mom reach out to her, but I guess that might be the point. Just a great film in so many ways.

her follow up with Little Women was a home-run also, from all reports faithful to a point with original source material while putting a little of her own contemporary spin on it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I may need to rewatch this. I remember liking it but not loving it the first time around because I was constantly annoyed with the lead character. Maybe it was because I have a teenage daughter and if I remember, 2017 (when I watched it) was a particularly rough year for her (which made it tough for me). I don’t remember a lot about it except that I found myself siding with the mom more than I think I was suppose too... ha.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This is officially the top rated movie in Rotten Tomatoes' HISTORY.

185 FRESH
0 ROTTEN

There's always at least one that has to ruin it. Finished ranked 8th all time on RT.

You must be registered for see images attach

Loved it. Clever writing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why was I expecting a biopic on president Johnsons ol'lady?

This is what I was thinking. Now that I have seen the trailer I have to watch the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard