Kyler joins FaZe Clan

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm a huge Twitch fan and have watched his stream many times. I think the whole thing is entirely overblown. He probably does stream more than some of you would like and that's fine but can we all at least admit it's not the worst thing he could be doing?

Further, after having watched him for awhile, I realized he doesn't "pout" on the sidelines the way I and some others complained about--that's literally his face and demeanor, whether he's winning or losing or having the time of his life. Pull up his steam any time and he looks like he's pouting or upset. He's just different.

(He's not just keeping himself out of trouble by being a homebody, a significant portion of the team games with him, so I'd argue all of them are doing it the right way)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm a huge Twitch fan and have watched his stream many times. I think the whole thing is entirely overblown. He probably does stream more than some of you would like and that's fine but can we all at least admit it's not the worst thing he could be doing?

Further, after having watched him for awhile, I realized he doesn't "pout" on the sidelines the way I and some others complained about--that's literally his face and demeanor, whether he's winning or losing or having the time of his life. Pull up his steam any time and he looks like he's pouting or upset. He's just different.

(He's not just keeping himself out of trouble by being a homebody, a significant portion of the team games with him, so I'd argue all of them are doing it the right way)

That's a pretty low bar.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I just can't believe people get paid a ton of money to play video games and make videos of playing video games. I guess I am just old.
People make good money doing nothing but record their reactions to TV shows and movies. At least with gaming their is a specific skill required.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People make good money doing nothing but record their reactions to TV shows and movies. At least with gaming their is a specific skill required.
...and 50 years ago if anyone would have ever said NFL players would be making the money they are today, they would look at ya like you were nuts. It's all about anything that brings eyeballs to the screen.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
...and 50 years ago if anyone would have ever said NFL players would be making the money they are today, they would look at ya like you were nuts. It's all about anything that brings eyeballs to the screen.
Of course. Just pointing out that there are things out there that make money that would surprise people more than playing video games. Of course even reactors won't get many views unless they are actually entertaining.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously guys? This is a hobby for him and Faze clan isn't just a pro team. They build it as a life style brand and they sponsor/partner famous people as both sides benefit. All I see is Kyler is building up his brand like many other pro athletes when they invest in business like clothing lines, restauraunts, owning nba teams, it just so happens Kyler is joining something he enjoys and believes in. I'm 38 and I see where all this twitch and online gaming is going, it captivated the youth and Kyler is cashing in and investing what he see's in the future just like MANY other pro athletes in business.

By streaming, he's not only playing for fun but he's building a following which also brings more fans to him and to the Cardinals. You guys are telling me you wouldn't spend 3-4 hours a day building up your brand/business?

Maybe because I own a business myself that I see what these guys are doing and I applaud their hustle.

Football, basketball, baseball all started off as a "game" then it evolved to what it is today. Same thing with gaming.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gaming keeps your reflexes and hand-eye coordination sharp—lots of young athletes game hardcore, including Devin Booker.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course. Just pointing out that there are things out there that make money that would surprise people more than playing video games. Of course even reactors won't get many views unless they are actually entertaining.
Exactly.. my last comment was just piggybacking off of what you were throwing out there. But, yep...the worlds always a changing/moving organism. :)

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was posted on Reddit today.

Interesting that the person specifically mentions gaming..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just saw that post on reddit as well. Interesting that Streveler got the balls to call K1 a bum considering what he did when given a chance lmao. Whatever, if K1 is good enough to still be a Pro Bowler doing that sort of stuff, I guess we can expect 8 Superbowls when somebody finally takes away the PS5.

Nuk if you reading this, you know what you need to do to help a man out ;)

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't care if he joins the Ku Klux Klan as long as he shows up gameday rested and ready to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose