Kiper New Mock Draft

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically a disaster to me as 8 Pass Catchers and Oline go before we pick.

Smith #2
Chase #3
Sewell #5
Waddle #6
Slater #10
Pitts #11
Darisaw #13
Vera-Tucker #14

We end up with

16. Arizona Cardinals
Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

Arizona could have openings at both corner spots this offseason, with veterans Patrick Peterson and Dre Kirkpatrick both on the free-agent market. If the Cardinals decide to move on from the over-30 corners, this is the best place to find a new starter. One of the first prospects to opt out of the season, the 6-foot-2 Farley looked like a star on the 2019 tape, but he is still raw. He has played defensive back only since 2018. I could also see the Cardinals keeping an eye on the wide receivers in this class; Christian Kirk has not been consistent enough to show that he can be their No. 2 wideout alongside DeAndre Hopkins.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only defenders to go in the top 16 are Parsons and Surtain.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems wildly unlikely to me.

Last year was arguably better for both OT and WR and only 6 went before 16. And last year only 3 QB's went before 16, that's likely to be more this year with quite a few QB needy teams.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Smith #2
Chase #3
Sewell #5
Waddle #6
Slater #10
Pitts #11
Darisaw #13
Vera-Tucker #14

We end up with

16. Arizona Cardinals

Arizona could have openings at both corner spots this offseason, with veterans Patrick Peterson and Dre Kirkpatrick both on the free-agent market. If the Cardinals decide to move on from the over-30 corners, this is the best place to find a new starter. One of the first prospects to opt out of the season, the 6-foot-2 Farley looked like a star on the 2019 tape, but he is still raw. He has played defensive back only since 2018. I could also see the Cardinals keeping an eye on the wide receivers in this class; Christian Kirk has not been consistent enough to show that he can be their No. 2 wideout alongside DeAndre Hopkins.
I wouldn't hate this even though I am leery of Farley's inexperience at the position. The 4 OL going in the top 15 is a pretty real possibility at this point. I was higher on Darrisaw than Vera-Tcuker but it seems both are picking up steam especially with several teams needing OL help.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seems wildly unlikely to me.

Last year was arguably better for both OT and WR and only 6 went before 16. And last year only 3 QB's went before 16, that's likely to be more this year with quite a few QB needy teams.
Here is what I know.

This is going to be a heavy first round QB class. 4 of them will absolutely go in the top 15. If Mac Jones shows well at the Senior Bowl, potentiality 5. It is looking like 4 OL will go top 15. That is 8 or 9 picks taken by those two positions. IMO, WR is the most likely position to drop but not everyone thinks this CB class is special.

The questions are about the EDGE rush class. If teams don't love it, WRs will go higher because there are only so many CBs worth a top 15 spot. The "meh" DL class could have the same impact. WR may go high because of the lack of top end talent on defense.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Smith #2
Chase #3
Sewell #5
Waddle #6
Slater #10
Pitts #11
Darisaw #13
Vera-Tucker #14

We end up with

16. Arizona Cardinals

this would be a good result

and i think that with 4 OL going in the top of round 1, it guarantees that a very good IOL player will be there at #48

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
CB's dont fall.

WR's fall.

I think we land a pass rusher personally unless Keim breaks his drafting rules.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CB's dont fall.

WR's fall.

I think we land a pass rusher personally unless Keim breaks his drafting rules.

Keim is at the end of the line, he needs elite production out of the offense or he will be gone next year.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the draft falls this way it looks like Parsons or an edge guy or a CB will be BPA.

I would take Parsons and have he and Simmons as the best young lB duo in the league.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If they re-sign Reddick I don’t see a first round edge. I think they extend Jones.
Agreed. I think they trade back in round 1 before taking an EDGE player there unless they cut Jones or let Reddick walk(I don't believe they will do either).

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Smith #2
Chase #3
Sewell #5
Waddle #6
Slater #10
Pitts #11
Darisaw #13
Vera-Tucker #14

We end up with

16. Arizona Cardinals

Link or is it a paywall?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Positionally, totally fine with Farley, probably good with him in the long term. Very worried about the concept of someone being our #1 CB that hasn't played in two years and is inexperienced as a whole.
Less wear & tear not playing last season so good for him.

Thing about Farley is that while he hasn’t played CB for long, he’s really not a project either. He already does a lot of things very good & has Jalen Ramsey potential. I love Surtain II & Horn, but they don’t have the ceiling Farley has at all, while not having a lower floor either.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like a CB in round 1 and also would like to see the Cards get a good one in free agency. IMO Peterson is not returning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA