Killian Hayes

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Those names are only if you take it to the extreme. There are a handful of solid names that have multiple years of college experience and will be over 21 during next season:
Obi Toppin
Tyrese Haliburton
Aaron Nesmith
Seddiq Bey
Jalen Smith
Devin Vassell (under 21 but will be 20 before season starts)

Well, James Jones took it to the extreme last year...

That being said, your list is full of "Do Draft" players on my list, with the exception of Saddiq Bey who is not on the "Do Draft" or "Don't Draft" list for me (which means I could be talked into him).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like him a lot at #10, but like him much less if we move into the top 4. Definitely a high ceiling low floor player. Curious to see if Jones’ draft strategy of taking an experienced player with a defined role (not really Hayes) was a one year philosophy or a general belief.

I wouldn't give Jones that much credit for the pick last year. Sure, he's the GM but Jeff Bower, VP of Basketball Operations, had a long history with Cam Johnson and his family prior to last year's draft and if that pick should be assigned to any one guy then it's him. I do think Jones wants experienced players that can play right out of the gate though, like Jerome was supposed to be able to do. We don't have as many holes as last offseason so I could see the Suns changing it up some.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Take BPA

if this kid is there it has to be him

Would be very interesting if at least two of Hayes, Haliburton, Okongwu and Vassell were there. In what order do you take them? For me, it's:

Okongwu
Hayes
Haliburton
Vassell

But I can see arguments for any order, really.

The only ones I know for sure don't get to 10 are Edwards, Ball, Wiseman, Avdija and Toppin.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Wasserman’s latest mock has Hayes falling to us:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wasserman’s latest mock has Hayes falling to us:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In this mock, Hayes is a no-brainer at 10, with Okongwu, Haliburton and Vassell off the board.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In this mock, Hayes is a no-brainer at 10, with Okongwu, Haliburton and Vassell off the board.

Hayes’ style/skills has NBA written all over it. With the international kids it’s a coin flip but the Suns would be a perfect spot for him (as well as any PG prospect).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hayes’ style/skills has NBA written all over it. With the international kids it’s a coin flip but the Suns would be a perfect spot for him (as well as any PG prospect).

If Toppin and Okongwu are already selected, Hayes is likely #1 on my realistic possibility draft board, followed by Haliburton, Smith/Achiuwa (coin toss between them), Vassell and Nesmith.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If Toppin and Okongwu are already selected, Hayes is likely #1 on my realistic possibility draft board, followed by Haliburton, Smith/Achiuwa (coin toss between them), Vassell and Nesmith.
What's the problem with Williams? He could be dominant on the boards and switching down low. And he hasthe body to get get bigger.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What's the problem with Williams? He could be dominant on the boards and switching down low. And he hasthe body to get get bigger.

I would be fine with Williams (and Smith and Achiuwa and Bey and a number of others). I just think Hayes would provide better value.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose