Kawhi and George to Clippers

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd say they are about even or above the Lakers right now. The Lakers have Lebron, AD, and thats about it

I think GS is going to be better than the Lakers. Lakers are not going to be able to field a complete NBA roster.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hats off to the Clippers for having an air tight front office. I gotta imagine that part of their pitch to Kawhi was "if you come here we will get Paul George too".

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hats off to the Clippers for having an air tight front office. I gotta imagine that part of their pitch to Kawhi was "if you come here we will get Paul George too".

It had to be, they would be insane to give up that much for any other reason.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like it was the other way around. "I will come there, but you have to get another star player." And then he probably gave them a list. They went out and got one of them. Talk about negotiating from weakness. If PG knew about it, he could have pushed the issue some.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah - but it's those guys and 5 picks and 2 swaps. This is a way more lopsided deal than the Pelicans got for AD.

Because Paul George didn't have the leverage that AD had. He signed a 4 year extension last summer and it's got 3 years left. The Thunder would have told him to deal with it if their owner wasn't cheap and they weren't offered a record setting haul.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We really are going to need Ayton and Booker to be as good as Shaq and Kobe to get the 4 seed the way this is going.

edupunk

Reaction score
Yeah - but it's those guys and 5 picks and 2 swaps. This is a way more lopsided deal than the Pelicans got for AD.

The trade is for kawhi and Paul George. Would you do that trade for those 2? I would, in a heartbeat. I get what you mean, I just don't think the clippers do that deal if kawhi isn't in the bag already. The clippers are my favorites for next year. Kawhi, PG, and Pat Beverly starting.....doc coaching....defensively they are going to be a juggernaut.

We should inquire about sga at the very least

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
So, Suns in the eighth seed?

God I hope not. Either be a top 5 or be in the lottery. The only person who wants the 8 seed is Sarver. Another 2 games to get tickets and concession before the sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like it was the other way around. "I will come there, but you have to get another star player." And then he probably gave them a list. They went out and got one of them. Talk about negotiating from weakness. If PG knew about it, he could have pushed the issue some.

Reports are that Kawhi reached out to PG. That's why this happened how it did. They knew the Clippers would have the space for Kawhi and if they could trade for George, that's where he was going.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
The west is gonna be crazy. Still need to see how Lakers fill out their roster but to me the Clippers have to be the favorites.

Clippers
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
Rockets
Warriors
Spurs

Then you’ll have teams like the Thunder, Kings, Mavericks (depending on KP) fighting for lower playoff seeds. Maybe even the Pelicans.

Wow.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The trade is for kawhi and Paul George. Would you do that trade for those 2? I would, in a heartbeat. I get what you mean, I just don't think the clippers do that deal if kawhi isn't in the bag already. The clippers are my favorites for next year. Kawhi, PG, and Pat Beverly starting.....doc coaching....defensively they are going to be a juggernaut.

We should inquire about sga at the very least

Yeah I guess so. I'm just saying OKC came out great.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God I hope not. Either be a top 5 or be in the lottery. The only person who wants the 8 seed is Sarver. Another 2 games to get tickets and concession before the sweep.

Not a chance. It is time for this team to improve even if it is a 7-8 seed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The west is gonna be crazy. Still need to see how Lakers fill out their roster but to me the Clippers have to be the favorites.

Clippers
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
Rockets
Warriors
Spurs

Then you’ll have teams like the Thunder, Kings, Mavericks (depending on KP) fighting for lower playoff seeds. Maybe even the Pelicans.

Wow.

I think the Pelicans are further out than we think. Zion is such a poor shooter, and looks small against nba height.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I would do this deal 10 out of 10 times.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Utah, Houston, Denver, Portland, Dallas.

Hmm. Looks like about 10 to me.

Honestly your being kind.

Sacramento, New Orleans, San Antonio, OKC, will all likely be better too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Clippers
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets
Rockets
Warriors
Spurs

Wow.

The NBA really has to change the way the playoff seeding. There EC has gotten a LOt worse this off season.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I think the Pelicans are further out than we think. Zion is such a poor shooter, and looks small against nba height.
I think he’ll be fine but he’s got help. I love what Griffin has done with that team. A lot will depend on the development of Ingram, and if Ball can be solid. They still have Holiday, added Reddick and Derek Favors plus draft picks. I’m not saying playoffs for them, but they are on the right track.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard