K’Lavon Chiasson-LSU OLB

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watched the SEC Championship game and was really impressed with the LSU linebacker #18 K’Lavon Chiasson. He had 2 sacks, but was most impressive was his run defense and ability to drop into coverage. He is a lean 250 lbs and could easily put on additional weight. His sack numbers aren’t super impressive, but he just seems like a kid who will explode at the next level. His body type reminds me of former Bears great Wilbur Marshall, excellent lower body size and explosiveness. I have heard that he is a really smart kid as well.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he is around at the top of round 2, you have to consider him.
Agreed.

It’s also worth noting that the position is one where you almost have to fill in the draft unless you’re willing to knowingly overpay for something (someone) with noticeable warts. Pass rushers, like QB’s, just don’t hit the open market.

The more I’m looking at the remainder of the season, the more I think we may trade down and accumulate picks. We will all but certainly be picking somewhere in the 2-8 range. The Dolphins, Eagles and Giants all have favorable remaining schedules and could win multiple games, thus moving us closer to #1. If we end up in the top 5 and Young isn’t available, I’d be hoping to trade down with someone holding worthwhile draft capital (Miami?) and in search of a QB.

The more I look at this draft and free agent list, the happier I am. There is going to be solid D-line and linebacker help in free agency and though I’m not huge on some of the top end LT prospects, there is a surplus of RT’s. I love the early depth in WR’s. What are your thoughts on Riggs? Assuming we end up in that 6-8 range, I think I would feel better getting Derrick Brown and Ruggs over Juedy/Lamb and Chiasson?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed.

It’s also worth noting that the position is one where you almost have to fill in the draft unless you’re willing to knowingly overpay for something (someone) with noticeable warts. Pass rushers, like QB’s, just don’t hit the open market.

The more I’m looking at the remainder of the season, the more I think we may trade down and accumulate picks. We will all but certainly be picking somewhere in the 2-8 range. The Dolphins, Eagles and Giants all have favorable remaining schedules and could win multiple games, thus moving us closer to #1. If we end up in the top 5 and Young isn’t available, I’d be hoping to trade down with someone holding worthwhile draft capital (Miami?) and in search of a QB.

The more I look at this draft and free agent list, the happier I am. There is going to be solid D-line and linebacker help in free agency and though I’m not huge on some of the top end LT prospects, there is a surplus of RT’s. I love the early depth in WR’s. What are your thoughts on Riggs? Assuming we end up in that 6-8 range, I think I would feel better getting Derrick Brown and Ruggs over Juedy/Lamb and Chiasson?
At this point, I am in triage mode. I am telling Murray he needs to figure out how to make these WRs work. After that, I prioritize the offensive line, running game, and defense. I commit to giving Murray more time in the pocket, a running game to take pressure off of him, and a defense to keep games close. If he can't turn that into wins, everybody is probably fired anyway and his career is likely over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson