Jordan Hill returning

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Hill returning; Chase, Jerryd deciding; KO — who knows?
By Bruce Pascoe
Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 03.26.2008

Olson, the Arizona Wildcats basketball coach, said sophomore forward Jordan Hill would definitely return next season because Hill would at best be a borderline first-round NBA draft pick. Olson added he has scheduled meetings in the coming days with the families of potential first-rounders Jerryd Bayless and Chase Budinger.

Bayless' parents were unavailable for comment, and Budinger's personal trainer, Trent Suzuki, said Budinger said his meeting with Olson on Monday went all right.

"It was a soft sell," Suzuki said. Olson "was very respectful."

http://www.azstarnet.com/sports/231440

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Glad to see Hill coming back. He could be very special next year. Hope at least one of the other guys returns as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
1 down, 2 to go.

It would be pretty huge if Olson somehow convinces Bayless to stay. Holy crap, we'd be a good team next year.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Pretty funny, Chase deciding whether or not to begin his NBDL career. I guess he might go out so his stock doesn't drop even further (which it won't, Lute's offense is the perfect fit for him), but anyone telling this kid he could play meaningful minutes in the NBA next year is deluding themselves.

Hill coming back is great news, him and Jennings/Withey will be enough to get us #25 in a row. Considering his learning curve thus far he should be one of the best bigs in the country next year. Now on to Jerryd, Nic, and Chase in that order so we can make it #5 or hopefully #2 and send Lute out right.

Last edited:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm watching the MD's All-American game, and one of the commentators (Doug Gotlib I think) just said Bayless called Jennings and told him he's coming back next year! Also, did you guys see the flat top Jennings is rocking? :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Recruiting question, anyone know the status on Dan Jennings, Greg Smith, Jeremy Tyler, Daniel Orton ( who the Tucson Citizen says U of A still has a shot at), or the new big guy from Texas there after?

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
All the recruits for 09 and beyond are up in the air. There isnt much recruiting being done right now, because Lute just came back and is trying to get his own players to stay in Tucson.

The one recruit to keep an eye on is Wesley Witherspoon in '08. KO offered and he is the only player Lute is still recruiting. He would be a nice get, because I dont even remember the last time we had a 6'8 pure SF.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
All the recruits for 09 and beyond are up in the air. There isnt much recruiting being done right now, because Lute just came back and is trying to get his own players to stay in Tucson.

The one recruit to keep an eye on is Wesley Witherspoon in '08. KO offered and he is the only player Lute is still recruiting. He would be a nice get, because I dont even remember the last time we had a 6'8 pure SF.

Marcus Williams?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I thought Dan Jennings was an 08 recruit, he plays w/ Jennings so I thought I read somewhere U of A was among his finalists.