John Elway's son commits to ASU

Avondale_Larry

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/1020asuelway-ON.html

The Rocky Mountain News is reporting Saturday that quarterback Jack Elway has committed to play for Arizona State.

Elway, son of Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway, visited ASU last week when the Sun Devils defeated Washington, 44-20.

Elway, 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, has thrown for 1,677 yards and 21 touchdowns this season for Cherry Creek High School in suburban Denver.
You must be registered for see images

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
on the espn sports ticker it said Jack Elway was rated #24 glad we got him should be good for the future :)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivals only has him as a 2 star (41st overall QB) and NR overall.. Coming from Cherry Creek (which basically is Denvers best HS football school where every good player goes to in Denver), I gotta wonder how good he really is or if its his teammates and he just got in from his name..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im starting to wonder if Jack is good at all.. 2 stars from Rivals (41st overall QB, unranked overall), pops most likely got him into Cherry Creek and now this from azcentral..

ASU coach Dennis Erickson was offensive coordinator for the late Jack Elway Sr., John's father, at San Jose State from 1979-81. John Elway played collegiately at Stanford.

ASU safeties coach/recruiting coordinator Matt Lubick is recruiting Elway. Lubick's father Sonny, coach at Colorado State, worked with Jack Elway Sr. at Stanford.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Gee, go back to the UA forum if you are just going to poo poo* post

*Apparently we're in middle school and have to use silly words here.

Last edited:

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Im starting to wonder if Jack is good at all.. 2 stars from Rivals (41st overall QB, unranked overall), pops most likely got him into Cherry Creek and now this from azcentral..

Im starting to wonder why a Rat Fan would have an opinion of any QB? Unless it has something to do with head injuries and moral wins they have no room to talk. Besides its all about the number of *'s to the fans of the UNRB. I'm sure that G Robinson is excited to have Elway tossing him the ball in the future.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im starting to wonder why a Rat Fan would have an opinion of any QB? Unless it has something to do with head injuries and moral wins they have no room to talk. Besides its all about the number of *'s to the fans of the UNRB. I'm sure that G Robinson is excited to have Elway tossing him the ball in the future.

Eh, first of all.. Me posting this info has nothing to do with ASU too much.. It does, however, have everything to do with my hate for Denver (Cherry Creek HS) and John Elway.. And I always find it interesting to see how a star ball players son is when he tries the same sport.. And, someone asked where he was ranked, and I was curious too, for the above reasons.. The ASU part of it was prolly the lowest reason on my list to the posts I made..

But.. If you and Hoover really feel I was doing it against ASU, then fine.. I'll say something I didnt say in my original posts..

HAHA ASU is getting a crappy QB!

Happy? I only did it for you two..

HooverDam

Reaction score
^I know I shouldn't try to feed the troll, but you do realize stars don't mean everything right? If they did, UofA wouldn't be a joke. Elway is rated 3 stars pretty much everywhere, so he's an above average-ish QB, which is a good pick up. ASU picked up 2 QBs last year, so this pick up is just a bonus.

Even if its just a PR move, it can't hurt recruiting to tell WR's "hey, Elways son is going to play QB for us".

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^I know I shouldn't try to feed the troll, but you do realize stars don't mean everything right? If they did, UofA wouldn't be a joke. Elway is rated 3 stars pretty much everywhere, so he's an above average-ish QB, which is a good pick up. ASU picked up 2 QBs last year, so this pick up is just a bonus.

Even if its just a PR move, it can't hurt recruiting to tell WR's "hey, Elways son is going to play QB for us".

Every time I comment on the Sun Devils or anything related to them you call me a troll.. Your a funny dude.. Last time you did it, I was only returning the favor your fellow devils fans did to our Wildcats game thread.. This time I had no intention of ripping the Devils, only Denver and Elway.. And the 1st and only place I checked was Rivals.com, and they gave him two stars.. I dont get into recruitting that much, and thats the only site I know.. So in all your wisdom and sun devil pride, I was not trying to do what your suggesting.. lol, what a lil whiner..

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually agree with Gee on this one... :thud: He didn't say or do anything to bash on ASU...simply posted some stats/info.

And Hoover, you know full well Skkorp keeps this a pg board, so it shouldn't have surprised you that you had to edit your post.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^I'm not sure if the Glendale public schools covered this or not, but what you are trying to say is "you're." Its a contraction between the words you and are. Please, if YOU'RE going to post, try to be literate.

Furthermore, you know darn well you're trying to stir up drama, whether it be directed at Elway, Denver or ASU is irrelevant. Your post brought no interesting insight to the table, and was poorly written to boot.

Linderbee, did you see my post? I just posted the letter S, not the word. I thought that would be acceptable.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Rivals only has him as a 2 star (41st overall QB) and NR overall.. Coming from Cherry Creek (which basically is Denvers best HS football school where every good player goes to in Denver), I gotta wonder how good he really is or if its his teammates and he just got in from his name..

He's pretty highly regarded from other sites.

2008 Scout.com HS Football Rankings (full list):
Pos: QB Pos Rank: #56 Pos Rating:

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Arm Strength
Intangibles
Touch

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Accuracy / Consistency
The son of NFL great, John Elway, has a big arm and looks like he can make every throw easily. He is effortless on deep balls and showed some touch on intermediate passes. He's still pretty raw and is inconsistent with his fundamentals, which affects his accuracy but there's nothing that won't improve with some work. He really has a good upside.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linderbee, did you see my post? I just posted the letter S, not the word. I thought that would be acceptable.
You'll never get Gee to type "you're" :) It's part of what makes him Gee!

And no, I didn't see your post before your edit, but it is against the rules to even do that. Skkorp's pretty strict about it.

Cussing is not allowed. Likewise using characters and symbols to substitute letters to use as cuss words is not allowed. Misspelling cuss words is not allowed. Posting the first letter of a cuss word and symbols is not allowed. The moderators have the discretion to determine what is a cuss word and what is not.

HooverDam

Reaction score
You'll never get Gee to type "you're" :) It's part of what makes him Gee!

Borderline illiteracy is what makes him unique- how cute!

I'd hope this is an adult message board, which means at least making casual attempts at good grammar. I'm not going to get on people for double negatives, hanging prepositions, or subject-verb agreement but "you're," versus "your" is 3rd grade material.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borderline illiteracy is what makes him unique- how cute!

I'd hope this is an adult message board, which means at least making casual attempts at good grammar. I'm not going to get on people for double negatives, hanging prepositions, or subject-verb agreement but "you're," versus "your" is 3rd grade material.
That's NOT where I was going with my comment. It's just a long-standing joke around here. No need to be so condescending.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's pretty highly regarded from other sites.

2008 Scout.com HS Football Rankings (full list):
Pos: QB Pos Rank: #56 Pos Rating:

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Arm Strength
Intangibles
Touch

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Accuracy / Consistency
The son of NFL great, John Elway, has a big arm and looks like he can make every throw easily. He is effortless on deep balls and showed some touch on intermediate passes. He's still pretty raw and is inconsistent with his fundamentals, which affects his accuracy but there's nothing that won't improve with some work. He really has a good upside.

Oh, thats right.. I heard of Scout too.. It just didnt pop in my head when I went to go look.. Like I said, I dont get into the recruitting thing too much.. Anyways.. Rivals has him #41 and scout at #56 in QB's.. So rivals has him higher... right?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Yes and both have him a 2-star QB. I don't care if he's Elway's son...I'm not that excited about this, but that name could be useful in further recruiting and who knows, he could turn out to be a pretty good starting QB.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh, thats right.. I heard of Scout too.. It just didnt pop in my head when I went to go look.. Like I said, I dont get into the recruitting thing too much.. Anyways.. Rivals has him #41 and scout at #56 in QB's.. So rivals has him higher... right?

Yeah, it's certainly no 5 star get, but he looks like he has some potential. He has good blood lines, has a big arm and could just use polishing. Obviously there is no guarantee that he will be great but it will be interesting to see if he is anything like his dad.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Yes and both have him a 2-star QB. I don't care if he's Elway's son...I'm not that excited about this, but that name could be useful in further recruiting and who knows, he could turn out to be a pretty good starting QB.

Slight correction, Scout has him as a 3 star.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Go

He may not be a blue chip prospect but having his Dad John as a booster will be nice. I'm sure he'll make sure his son and his teammates have everything they need to be as successfull as possible
________
*** Webcam

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may not be a blue chip prospect but having his Dad John as a booster will be nice. I'm sure he'll make sure his son and his teammates have everything they need to be as successfull as possible

Can his dad be a booster coming from Stanford? Or can former athletes not be boosters to their own school? I cant imagine Stanford would be thrilled if John helped out ASU...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard