Jets 41, Colts 0

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Did you know that the Jets pummelled the Colts despite getting only one sack on the day?

Manning threw for a Plummeresque 0 TD's and 2 picks, while Pennington threw 3 TD's and 0 picks.

Smell that? It's another draft Leftwich thread....

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See I see it like this

We need to come away from the draft with one of the following players.

1. Suggs
2. Newman
3. Robertson
3a. Leftwich.

I don't advocate taking Leftwich over the two franchise level defenders (at least in my opinion).

But if the top 3 guys are gone, why reach for a guy like Kennedy..who is a reach now at 6. It's either trade down or take the franchise QB.

I am currently in a mock draft and I took Leftwich precisely because the top 3 defenders were gone. I was amazed when Ty Warren was there in the second.

Wether we draft Leftwich or not, we will get a good defensive line guy in the second. This draft is VERY deep at DL

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Manning through for a Plummeresque 0 TD's and 2 picks, while Pennington through 3 TD's and 0 picks.

T-H-R-E-W.

:D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes, they only got one sack, but the pressure on Manning that day was ridiculous, and the running game couldn't do anything. You don't need sacks to disrupt a passing game, just a lot of pressure. Sacks are just the fortunate outcome of some pressure.

Also, that was a playoff game, right? And you know how Manning performs in big games. That's right, he turns into Jake Plummer. I don't know the physics/biology of it, but it just happens.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I don't know the physics/biology of it, but it just happens.

It was almost sad to watch. Almost.

To me the thing that pops out about that game is that the Jets longest run was only 13 yards, out of 178 total. That's just a bundle of first downs on the ground.