Jazz @ Suns Saturday game thread 11-26-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If DA can be consistent like that and wants to play with the suns, I’d rather keep him
You know he won’t be.

This will be another in line of 10 games where it looks like Ayton’s “finally turned the corner!” only to turn right back around and frustrate the hell out of everyone again.

But I’ll take it for now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree but there is more to Booker's game than shooting.
I agree and I believe 4 or 5 of those misses actually came on one possession (missed a shot near the rim, tipped it back up 2 or 3 times, kicked his 3rd rebound out and than missed the 3 when the ball came back to him). But still, even without that one possession, that was a horrendous shooting night for him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It just doesn’t flow when CP3 is out. Might just be me, but it seems Book brings the ball up and plays more like a point with Payne in vs Paul. And IMHO, that doesn’t play out well for Book.
Yup. Book doesn’t get the looks he gets with Paul on the floor. He’s struggling shooting lately and looks really labored playing. But nice assists and rebounds from him tonight.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kobe had plenty of games like Book had
Not worried 1 bit
I'd like to see him have that assassin mode like Kobe though

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton's rebound numbers was bumped to 21.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When guys are swarming Booker players need to run to him and give him someone to pass to.
It’s like they have no plan for Booker being double teamed. It’s maddening. I e blamed book for not burning the double, but maybe it’s not his fault. The players aren’t coached to exploit and put pressure on the double. So why wouldn’t a team do it constantly?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Still Booker (8-27) had 27 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assists.
Yea… he found ways to get some numbers. But he really is nowhere near as efficient as he’s been in prior years.
I was really excited to see him find out be more gear this season and easily secure an All-star start, as well as make a legit contention for MVP. Instead, he’s actually fallen a notch.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not sure if his stats would validate it, but it feels to me like Book has taken a step down from his play of last season. Can’t quite put my finger on it… but he just doesn’t seem as complete as he was last year…
He doesn’t have much help

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yea… he found ways to get some numbers. But he really is nowhere near as efficient as he’s been in prior years.
I was really excited to see him find out be more gear this season and easily secure an All-star start, as well as make a legit contention for MVP. Instead, he’s actually fallen a notch.
No he hasn't. He's not going to score 50 points every game.

Again, there is a lot more to having a player like Booker than just his points per game. Other than his recent shooting numbers, he's as efficient a player as any superstar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the stats support this. Booker's shooting may be down a bit but it's early.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No he hasn't. He's not going to score 50 points every game.

Again, there is a lot more to having a player like Booker than just his points per game. Other than his recent shooting numbers, he's as efficient a player as any superstar.
I’m a Book fanboy… so no hate from me. But, heading into tonight he was outside the top 5 SG’s in FG%, and not even in the top 20 for 3-pt FG%.
He also seems to be turning the ball over a bit more than years past.
I think Paul being out has a lot to do with it, as it feels like the majority of Book’s shots are all tightly contested. And as I mentioned earlier, he seems to be bringing the ball up and overall the ball seems to be in his hands so much more thus far this season…