Jason Taylor is avaliable.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-taylor030108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

According to this, Taylor and the Dolphins are set to 'part ways'. On the one hand, this seems to indicate that Pace is close to being a Dolphin. As you don't let a player the calibur of Taylor leave without a replacement.

On the other, the guy won a defensive MVP playing a hybrid role in a 3-4. We need an OLB. He won't cost alot in terms of draft picks because he is 33 years old.

Crazier things have been suggested...

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
In his "down year" this past season he had 4 forced fumbles, a pick returned for a TD, 55 tackles and 11 sacks. Yeah, he is worth looking at as a short term answer because the pass rush was that bad at the end of the year.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
In his "down year" this past season he had 4 forced fumbles, a pick returned for a TD, 55 tackles and 11 sacks. Yeah, he is worth looking at as a short term answer because the pass rush was that bad at the end of the year.

I think he is atheletic enough to try at OLB.

Just a thought

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If they would take a draft pick outside of the first 3 rounds, I think it would be a well spent pick. Has another productive 3 years left in him IMO.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I bet the money in my pockets that he becomes a Patriot.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Parcells discounts talk of Taylor's departure, expects Pro Bowler to return
ESPN.com news services
Updated: March 2, 2008, 10:54 AM ET

Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that defensive end Jason Taylor will be playing for Miami in 2008 unless he chooses to retire, contrary to a published report.

Yahoo Sports reported Saturday night that Taylor, an 11-year veteran who has played all of his 172 career games for the Dolphins, would be parting ways with Miami this offseason before the NFL draft this April.

"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells told Mortensen.

Taylor, a six-time Pro Bowler who was the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2006, had 11 sacks last season for the woeful Dolphins.

In 2007, Miami suffered through a 1-15 season. They hired Parcells to run their football operations in December.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson