Ja Morant wow

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the biggest fines in NBA history - topping the charts is Ben Simmons who got hit for $17 million for not playing and a $16 million dollar fine to Kyrie for refusing the vaccine (special shout-out to Sarver)

You must be registered for see images attach

Ja Morant is due to make $38 million this year. I imagine if he only plays half a season he'd only receive half the pay. That's $19 million dollars. Ja Morant is a idiot, a self harming poser, but the NBA is also self harming when they can just as easily hit Morant with a $10 million fine and a butt load of conditions
Well, the thinking seems to be he's not going to hit Ja as hard as many of us first thought. But people need to understand that this isn't the first blemish like this on Morant's NBA rap sheet, it's not even the second or third or fourth blemish. He's a powder keg just waiting to blow and if Silver again just gives him a slap on the wrist, I'm pretty sure he and the league will end up regretting it. And yes, at this point, a 10 million dollar fine and the typical conditions is a mere slap on the wrist.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not defending what he did and Morant might be the biggest idiot in the league as it pertains to social media but I still think the NBA is overstepping when penalizing players for acts that are technically not illegal - it would also be interesting to see how/if the union responds because I see them having a problem with taking millions of dollars away from a player for two seconds of (again not illegal) footage

It’s not just the gun. He has had about 8 incidents over the past two years. This dude is really trending in the wrong direction

You can’t work at Apple and post stupid ish on your social media. The NBA is a private company and they have a code of conduct that along with the players union they’ve agreed on.

Anyone trying to defend this is an idiot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not just the gun. He has had about 8 incidents over the past two years. This dude is really trending in the wrong direction

You can’t work at Apple and post stupid ish on your social media. The NBA is a private company and they have a code of conduct that along with the players union they’ve agreed on.

Silver hasn't wanted to make waves especially since sponsors and the league have been viewing Morant as the next great superstar. As a result, Silver has come down way too softly on Ja with each transgression and now, I don't know if anything will make a difference. He can suspend him for a year but Ja is still wealthy and will still be around the same friends and relations that have been involved in many of his incidents.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Silver hasn't wanted to make waves especially since sponsors and the league have been viewing Morant as the next great superstar. As a result, Silver has come down way too softly on Ja with each transgression and now, I don't know if anything will make a difference. He can suspend him for a year but Ja is still wealthy and will still be around the same friends and relations that have been involved in many of his incidents.

From what people are saying it might be a year and he’s going to have to complete steps along the way to be reinstated.

The fact that they are working with the players union on this says a lot.

It’s def gonna be interesting

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

I'm not defending this, even started one of my posts saying that I wasn't defending what he did. I'm talking about the violations and the penalties they warrant. And I'm talking about the possible results stemming from the NBAs decisions. lol anyone who thinks I'm trying to defend this is an idiot

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ja Morant's camp's initial response to gun video is hard to believe​

Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant's camp insists that the gun video circulating on social media includes a toy, not a real weapon.

While Ja Morant is facing a rather severe suspension due to another social media video where he was holding a gun, his camp is suggesting something different altogether. Evidently, that gun was a toy, if you ask those close to the star point guard.

On a recent episode of The Breakfast Club, Claudia Jordan reported that those close to Morant have proof of this so-called toy.

"My sources say that the relative in the back of the car in the back seat had a toy gun in the car," Jordan said. "The gun is not real, and (the relative) was playing around with it. Passed it to Ja, and that got caught on the live he had in his hand. The video was sent to Adam Silver, NBA allegedly.

"They have it, and they said the gun looks extremely fake, like it's obviously a toy gun. But according to my source, allegedly Adam Silver is still gonna go through with the suspension. Looking like it should be about 30 games even though they know it as a toy gun."

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ja Morant's camp's initial response to gun video is hard to believe​

Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant's camp insists that the gun video circulating on social media includes a toy, not a real weapon.

While Ja Morant is facing a rather severe suspension due to another social media video where he was holding a gun, his camp is suggesting something different altogether. Evidently, that gun was a toy, if you ask those close to the star point guard.

On a recent episode of The Breakfast Club, Claudia Jordan reported that those close to Morant have proof of this so-called toy.

"My sources say that the relative in the back of the car in the back seat had a toy gun in the car," Jordan said. "The gun is not real, and (the relative) was playing around with it. Passed it to Ja, and that got caught on the live he had in his hand. The video was sent to Adam Silver, NBA allegedly.

"They have it, and they said the gun looks extremely fake, like it's obviously a toy gun. But according to my source, allegedly Adam Silver is still gonna go through with the suspension. Looking like it should be about 30 games even though they know it as a toy gun."

Riiiiiiight. The first gun wasn’t his, he swears! This time is was a toy! He promises! Next time, “that guy tripped and fell on a bullet! I swear!”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 25 game suspension of Ja Morant will come with conditions for return.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not half the season. Pretty lenient for a repeat offense.
Silver is all talk. I was wrong, initially I was sure he'd be out for at least a full season. After a few wimpy statements by Adam I realized he wasn't going to hit him that hard but even still, I thought it would be more than 25 games. This is light punishment even for a first time offender of this nature. And when you look at all his transgressions, it's an embarrassment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver is all talk. I was wrong, initially I was sure he'd be out for at least a full season. After a few wimpy statements by Adam I realized he wasn't going to hit him that hard but even still, I thought it would be more than 25 games. This is light punishment even for a first time offender of this nature. And when you look at all his transgressions, it's an embarrassment.
Probably get him back just in time to
for Ja to make his debut on a nationally televised Xmas Day game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I expected half the season and a possible chance of early reinstatement if he completed counseling and various benchmarks. Seems he's getting half that. Hopefully the counseling they give him helps.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBPA is not happy about the length of the Ja Morant suspension.

It sounds like an appeal of some sort might be possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ronin

When I was growing up, I never dreamed there would be so much money in shoes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the Nike shop in El Paso, Texas....$300 for a pair of LeBron Signature shoe.:eek:

I get my tennis shoes when they are discounted on the shoe rack at Walmart.

If I paid $300 dollar for a pair, I would put them on display. I wouldn't dare wear them for fear of getting them dirty.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That ain’t nothing… Definitely makes the penalty significantly harsher when factored in and really penalizes Ja without also penalizing his teammates, who are blameless, which a long suspension would.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I get my tennis shoes when they are discounted on the shoe rack at Walmart.

If I paid $300 dollar for a pair, I would put them on display. I wouldn't dare wear them for fear of getting them dirty.
I have some (never worn) Jordan 4s I could sell tomorrow for $600 if I wanted, got them at retail for $200 a few years ago

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some (never worn) Jordan 4s I could sell tomorrow for $600 if I wanted, got them at retail for $200 a few years ago

I understand the importance of name brand clothes and shoes bring for social acceptance, especially for young people, but I really never got into this stuff except dressing professionally for work.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson