J.T. the Brick on Graves

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I usually can't stand J.T. Brick since he works for the Raider's organization and therefore shoves it down his listeners throat on Sports Talk Radio but today he did something that shocked me and has helped me come to grips with the situation. He played the sound bite of Graves claiming he won't pay players that don't deserve it and J.T. in a respectfull tone of voice said this guy should have his own radio show and that it was a comment that it seemed appeared refreshing to him. He didn't say Denver signing Plummer was a mistake but for the money they payed him that he thought the move was a really bad roll of the dice and that Griese is twice the QB Plummer will ever be. My recovery from the Boston and Plummer ordeal is starting to fall into place and if this team can start off with Colvin and slowly build to the draft I probably will see my initial ranting as foolish.

brews

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jetstream Green
I Graves claiming he won't pay players that don't deserve it

The problem with this thinking from the Cardinals is that good players don't want to go to teams that don't deserve them, unless they are over payed. Graves' idea might work in SF, or Oakland, but it won't with the Cardinals. If he doesn't figure it out, we'll continue to be the NFL's farm team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: J.T. the Brick on Graves

Originally posted by brews
The problem with this thinking from the Cardinals is that good players don't want to go to teams that don't deserve them, unless they are over payed. Graves' idea might work in SF, or Oakland, but it won't with the Cardinals. If he doesn't figure it out, we'll continue to be the NFL's farm team.

That's not what he meant at all. He was specifically talking about giving huge sums of money to Fake Dummer and Coker Boston. If I remember correctly, I think he even said something about that in his last interview.

Jake Plummer specifically, does not deserve seven million a year, no way. More like (at imho) 3 million per year. And from the way it sounds, David Boston doesn't deserve a huge signing bonus. David is a punk, and a cancer, and it's about time that more people admit it. I was his biggest supporter earlier last year, but the reality is, he wanted out of here and sulked and was a jerk.
Screw him, let's move on. I still think we should have tagged him, and gotten compensation, but I guess Graves just wanted to get him out of here quickly.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I believe Graves is capable of overpaying and things like worst team in history turn fast when you win then players all of a sudden may not mind it here.

I don't blame anyone for being upset about Boston. He is/was a stud and that flat out hurts.

I'm just gonna move on and hope and pray Graves really does know something about running a football team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose