It's about who wants it MORE

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been rattling in my brain how things are going to go, or should go. I keep coming to the realization that anything can happen in this game. It literally could be 42-13 cards, 42-13 steelers, or anything in between.

Our defense can stop their offense. We can stop their run, we can intercept Big Ben, we can sack him and cause him to fumble.

Their Offense can score on our defense, they can beat us deep on occasion, or pound the ball with two back sets.

Their defense can knock out warner, or fumble, or int him. They can shut down our run, and have a good quality secondary to neutralize our pass, especially if combined with their blitz. (I know how good warner is against the blitz)

Our offense can put up 30-40 points against these guys, we can run effectively, boldin/fitz/breaston nightmare, and of course, Warner is good against the blitz.

Overall the special teams concerns me. Not the punting anymore because Graham's kicking style seems to lend to a whole lot fewer returns. That ball comes straight down on the kr. But the ko/pr coverage. I'd rather take a kick off out of bounds (and penalty), then give them a 40 yard runback.

But overall I think the winner of the game today is going to be the one who wants it more. Each team is ultra talented, each team can make plays.

But which team is going to make the 'here and now' type plays? Which team will have their members grab the glory, playing in the moment, and leaving everything on the field? Which team will play with a 'sense of urgency'?

I think the team that does that wins.

At this point I feel it's point in our direction. The Steelers while saying the right things, look too laid back for this game. It sort of sounds like they are going through the motions. I hear cliche's without the heart behind them. I don't hear about them growing in some fashion. Granted they won a superbowl a couple of years ago, but you still learn things every game.

That doesn't mean a loss, but if they give that mental edge to the Cards, I think it could very well mean the difference

I can see Pittsburgh players being pissed off if they lose, but I can see some of them being ok with it.

I can't see ANY Cardinal players feeling it's ok if they lose. You can't tell because of the uni's, but I think basically every one of our players will be playing with his heart on his sleeve. So much frustration, so many jokes, so many seasons.

Of course it could be a blowout, but if it's close, I think our mental edginess is the difference and we win the close one.

We should be able to tell right away if the Cards showed up or not. No way they come out flat, and our guys are too pissed off to be scared/nervous.

Go CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is today the day it's in the cards :)
Not someday, but today?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson