Isiah Thomas is accused of sexual harassment

sunsfn

Reaction score
[FONT=times new roman, georgia, times]Former Knicks exec sues Isiah Thomas for sexual harassment[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]NEW YORK, Jan. 25 —[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]New York Knicks team president Isiah Thomas is accused of sexual harassment and discrimination by one of the team's former front-office employees in a federal lawsuit. [/FONT]
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
[FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]
Anucha Browne Sanders claims Thomas made unwanted sexual advances toward her and refused to stop, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan. Thomas and Madison Square Garden are listed as the defendants in the lawsuit, which charges them with sex discrimination and retaliation.
According to the lawsuit, the 43-year-old Browne Sanders sought assistance from her supervisor, Steve Mills, the president of Madison Square Garden Sports, but said Mills didn't do anything about the situation.
Browne Sanders, who had been with the team since 2000, claims she was fired as the Knicks' senior vice president of marketing and business operations last week as a result of her complaints.
The lawsuit also alleges that Thomas told Browne Sanders he was pushing for more home games at noon on Sundays. His plan, according to Browne Sanders, was to have opposing players go to certain clubs, including strip clubs, that Thomas had connections with on Saturday nights and get them drunk so they would be sluggish for the game the next day.
Ron Green, a lawyer for Madison Square Garden, told the New York Times that the lawsuit is ''fabricated and outrageous.'' He said in a story for Wednesday's editions that Browne Sanders was fired ''because of an inability to fulfill professional responsibilities,'' and said she is seeking ''a financial windfall.''
Lawyers for Thomas, Peter Parcher and Sue Ellen Eisenberg, called the lawsuit an attempt to make money and accused her of demanding $6 million upon her departure, more than 20 times her salary.
Browne Sanders said the problems began shortly after Thomas joined the Knicks in December 2003, and she repeatedly complained to management about his inappropriate behavior.
In court documents, Browne Sanders said Thomas often berated her, and made crude comments about her to Knicks officials, telling them not to listen to any of her directions. Point guard Stephon Marbury also is accused of acting in a hostile way toward her as a result.
Browne Sanders said Thomas' behavior soon became sexually charged, saying he told her he was ''very attracted'' to her and ''in love'' with her and tried to kiss her. She charges that last month, he hugged and tried to kiss her, and when she pulled away, he said, ''What, I can't get any love from you today?''
Browne Sanders said she met with a human resources management consultant hired by MSG twice last year, and told the consultant about Thomas' conduct. After Browne Sanders sought legal counsel last November, MSG launched its own investigation but told her to not come to work for three weeks. She was fired last Thursday when MSG said her claims couldn't be substantiated.
Browne Sanders, the team's chief marketing officer, graduated from Northwestern as the Big Ten's women career scoring leader and was a two-time conference player of the year. She was the school's athlete of the decade for the 1980s.
According to the team's media guide, Browne Sanders is married with three children, and resides in New Jersey.
[/FONT]

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusspt/ap01-25-014216.asp?spt=nba&vts=12520060417

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
Anucha Browne Sanders claims Thomas made unwanted sexual advances toward her and refused to stop, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan. Thomas and Madison Square Garden are listed as the defendants in the lawsuit, which charges them with sex discrimination and retaliation.
Are we sure this person's first name isn't Andre instead?:?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Are we sure this person's first name isn't Andre instead?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Thomas doesn't seem like the type to be interested in women. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

fordronken

Reaction score
I recently watched the movie "Serenity" with a few people I didn't know very well. One of the characters in it, the villain, has an uncanny resemblance to Isaiah Thomas.

So of course, I made a lot of jokes about things like "Maybe if we trade our best soldiers with some unprotected lottery picks, we can get some really overpriced millitary equipment that hasn't been useful in 10 years!"

Surprisingly, nobody in the room got it. But I thought it was hilarious.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fordronken said:
So of course, I made a lot of jokes about things like "Maybe if we trade our best soldiers with some unprotected lottery picks, we can get some really overpriced millitary equipment that hasn't been useful in 10 years!"
:lmao:

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Isiah Thomas...He apparently wants to beat up Bill Simmons. Seriously how has he not been fired yet. He makes Rob Babcock look like a genius.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

Isiah: "Because that's when you cross the line and most athletes can understand that. But when you've got little guys, you know, sitting behind the desk, you know 5 feet 2 and you never get a chance to see them and they take shots at your character and what you are as a man. If somebody would say those things to you on the street, and would walk up to you and just start saying that to any person in the street ... "

SAS: "We know what would happen."

Isiah: "Oh, there'd be a problem. And I'm gonna tell you, if I see this guy Bill Simmons, oh it's gonna be a problem with me and him."

SAS: "Who? Well, I don't (laughing) ... I don't know that (laughing) ... I'll figure it out. I'll figure it out. Stephen A. Smith ... I got you."

Isiah (at same time): "It's gonna be a problem ... "

SAS: "Stephen A. Smith in the house, 1050 ESPN

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Can this moron be even more unprofessional and idiotic? Not only is Zeke really, really bad at his job but he now apparently he's keeping himself occupied by making advances at female employees and threatens to beat up sportswriters. Maybe he should have spent less time groping the secretary and more time scouting guys like Quentin Richardson, Jerome James, and Malik Rose.

Jeez, I should look into getting a job with the Knicks. I could slack off all day, be the most incompetent employee at my position in the NBA, harass my co-workers, and threaten to fight anyone who called me on it while still retaining my job and six figure salary. Sounds like a pretty good gig to me.

fordronken

Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Jeez, I should look into getting a job with the Knicks. I could slack off all day, be the most incompetent employee at my position in the NBA, harass my co-workers, and threaten to fight anyone who called me on it while still retaining my job and six figure salary. Sounds like a pretty good gig to me.

And if that's all you did, the Knicks would probably be a better run team than they are now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Can this moron be even more unprofessional and idiotic?

Better be careful, or he's going to be coming after you next...

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If it's true about her seeking the HR consultant and complaining twice - in addition to talking the MSG Pres, Steve Mills about the harrassment - The Knicks and MSG are going to be paying out the nose. And how do you think David Stern is feeling about now regarding Zeek?

Still can't believe we lost to that crap team in 3OTs...:thud:

jibikao

Reaction score
fordronken said:
I recently watched the movie "Serenity" with a few people I didn't know very well. One of the characters in it, the villain, has an uncanny resemblance to Isaiah Thomas.

Surprisingly, nobody in the room got it. But I thought it was hilarious.

Oh, I know who you are talking about! I just bought that dvd! Cool movie. I rent Firefly tv series from Netflix.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's a little late for Magic to be suing Isiah at this point! :eek: :shrug:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Yuma said:
It's a little late for Magic to be suing Isiah at this point! :eek: :shrug:

ROFL I was thinking the same damned thing.

Here's how bad things have gotten in New York.. One of my friends, who is a die-hard Knick fan, is claiming he'd rather have Scott Layden back. Layden was an imbecil but at least he was a clean cut imbecil.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard