Is the Wildcard Out of Reach?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see other mangers criticizing their players in public. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but that is the place to do it.

Given the fact he virtually never shreds a player publically, I believe he has had some difficult discussions behind closed doors. The fact is this is a .500 team and probably should be worse and TL had coaxed as much out of this team as he possibly could. While I think Hazen is the right guy for the job he simply didn't give TL enough weapons to finish higher. I suspect TL will get a few more weapons next year.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Given the fact he virtually never shreds a player publically, I believe he has had some difficult discussions behind closed doors. The fact is this is a .500 team and probably should be worse and TL had coaxed as much out of this team as he possibly could. While I think Hazen is the right guy for the job he simply didn't give TL enough weapons to finish higher. I suspect TL will get a few more weapons next year.
I maintain that it is not as simple as that.

Regarding the pitching, yes.

But we have a solid lineup of line drive hitters.

There is no reason for them to be no-hit for the
major part of games, as has been happening,
lately. If they are all swinging from the heels,
caring only about the glory of a solo HR, that
falls on the Manager to work out.

But it has been getting worse.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I maintain that it is not as simple as that.

Regarding the pitching, yes.

But we have a solid lineup of line drive hitters.

There is no reason for them to be no-hit for the
major part of games, as has been happening,
lately. If they are all swinging from the heels,
caring only about the glory of a solo HR, that
falls on the Manager to work out.

But it has been getting worse.

Actually, I think it can be and is that simple. Neither of us know what is really happening in the clubhouse or the managers office. You think he isn't doing anything and I think he is. The truth is somewhere between us.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Actually, I think it can be and is that simple. Neither of us know what is really happening in the clubhouse or the managers office. You think he isn't doing anything and I think he is. The truth is somewhere between us.
I accept that!

But I also accept the results (especially among the hitters).

That is out there for everyone to see.