Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man, self fail. Remind me how many playoff games Kyler has won? Jake the Snake won in the playoffs with the Cards. Which is more important, pro bowls or playoff performance?

I think my next jersey is going to be a tossup between "Draft Picks" and "Pro Bowls."
He won one game in Dallas which was great, what else did he ever accomplish for the Cards, and I was a huge Plummer fan by the way. Good dude met him great guy and the organization back then was more of a joke than it is now. Kyler has set NFL records, everyone knows he has elite talent, it’s just not consistent. But again I think the Cards screwed him by hiring KK so would like to see him in a pro system for a bit before giving up on him, just my opinion…

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Quick question: Kyler Murray or "Red" Skelton? :D
It’s a coin flip lol, seriously though Kyler will be considered a failure because he never won a meaningful game. I don’t care about stats I want to see this team win and it is clear Kyler is not the guy who is going to make that happen here.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a coin flip lol, seriously though Kyler will be considered a failure because he never won a meaningful game. I don’t care about stats I want to see this team win and it is clear Kyler is not the guy who is going to make that happen here.
Makes no sense we have seen him win with this team! When we had some talent around him. Yet you never responded to previous reply, would yo rather have all the scrubs we had before than a talented guy we know and seen win if given some suitable weapons and a little freaking protection! Starting all over is so short sighted and dumb since the least of this team’s problems is the QB!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Makes no sense we have seen him win with this team! When we had some talent around him. Yet you never responded to previous reply, would yo rather have all the scrubs we had before than a talented guy we know and seen win if given some suitable weapons and a little freaking protection! Starting all over is so short sighted and dumb since the least of this team’s problems is the QB!
The only time Murray posted consistent wins in the nfl is when our defense was consistently +2 in turnovers every week.
As soon as the D stopped getting turnovers Murray became a sub .500 QB

Look it up

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only time Murray posted consistent wins in the nfl is when our defense was consistently +2 in turnovers every week.

Look it up
Yeah it’s a team game hard to win if you have a D that immediately gives up scores right after we score, kinda like much of Kyler’s time here lol…

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Look it up
Historically winning the turnover battle teams win like 70% of the time. All your statement really means is it is a team sport. All QBs have a .300 record when the team is negative in turnovers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Historically winning the turnover battle teams win like 70% of the time. All your statement really means is it is a team sport. All QBs have a .300 record when the team is negative in turnovers.
Fun fact for this monstrosity of a year:

The Cardinals are 1-5 when the WIN the turnover battle!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Remind us how many pro bowls the Snake had? Kyler has already passed Jake in records set. I get you don’t like him but maybe if your the long time fan you claim to be you’ll remember the drek this team has field in the past. Hall, Skelton, Anderson, Case, Cobb, Stanton, Leinart, the list is forever long and all pale in talent alone! Maybe just maybe give the kid more than 3 games in an NFL system before casting him aside, like many other players in the past if he leaves he will go on to make this organization look ignorant for letting him go! You have to have a team which right now is very questionable…
Jake won a playoff game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a team game hard to win if you have a D that immediately gives up scores right after we score, kinda like much of Kyler’s time here lol…
Who cares if the D immediately gives up points? That just means your do no wrong golden boy gets more chances to excel.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who cares if the D immediately gives up points? That just means your do no wrong golden boy gets more chances to excel.
Don’t be a douche I never said he did no wrong and even said he’s not playing well! Just stating the facts he hasn’t been exactly surrounded by talent and /or a defense since he’s been here. But clowns like you seem to think Kyler is the reason this pathetic roster isn’t winning or that the offense is failing! Never mind the atrocious Oline or midget receivers and generally just a lacking of talent across the board! Does Kyler need to play better, of course but again it’s 3 freaking games into a new system after sitting for a year, think maybe just maybe takes a little bit of time? Good god some of you are ridiculous…

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yep 1 that’s his biggest accomplishment how long did that take ? Ever do anything else? I already said he won a playoff game and was a Snake fan at the time but to compare him to Murray’s talent is dumb…
He did it in his second year

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep 1 that’s his biggest accomplishment how long did that take ? Ever do anything else? I already said he won a playoff game and was a Snake fan at the time but to compare him to Murray’s talent is dumb…
He also won a game to get into the playoffs. Kyler has yet to win a playoff clinching game or playoff game. In fact he’s sucked in those.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Using pro bowl appearances is an unserious argument. I feel like we’ll wake up soon and be in year 7 of the Kyler experience arguing about the same poo. Now his trade value is tanking just as I feared. Playing him on a terrible team during a throwaway season is head scratching.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also won a game to get into the playoffs. Kyler has yet to win a playoff clinching game or playoff game. In fact he’s sucked in those.
He won three consecutive must-win games to get the Cards into the playoffs, then won a road playoff game vs. the Cards' biggest division rival... pretty much the opposite of what Murray did in the clutch in 2020 and 2021.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Using pro bowl appearances is an unserious argument. I feel like we’ll wake up soon and be in year 7 of the Kyler experience arguing about the same poo. Now his trade value is tanking just as I feared. Playing him on a terrible team during a throwaway season is head scratching.
This is the way

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OMG I’m shocked a QB coming off major injury into a new offense surrounded by mediocre talent at best isn’t excelling! Alert the media!

3 YPA isn't "not excelling".

3YPA is worse than Tommy DeVito or Bryce Young. It's downright stinking territory.

He has Brown, McBride, Dortch and Rondale. And a good receiving back. You're kidding yourself if you think that's 3 YPA personnel.

Rookie
Reaction score
You Kyler defenders need to turn off his high school and OU highlight lights. Have you seen him play his whole NFL career? Still makes the same mistakes- can’t read defenses or see over the line, go past 2 progressions, throw with anticipation, throws late/into tight coverage, deep ball accuracy has turned into garbage and if he gets breathed on falls down for a sack.

None of these areas have improved at all in the NFL. Actually some have gotten worse (deep ball). These aren’t skills you can simply coach up.

All this talk about his talent but the world is full of talented people who couldn’t make it to the top. We need a guy who can win us a Super Bowl and beat the other elite QBs. Kyler has not and will never be that guy.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You Kyler defenders need to turn off his high school and OU highlight lights. Have you seen him play his whole NFL career? Still makes the same mistakes- can’t read defenses or see over the line, go past 2 progressions, throw with anticipation, throws late/into tight coverage, deep ball accuracy has turned into garbage and if he gets breathed on falls down for a sack.

None of these areas have improved at all in the NFL. Actually some have gotten worse (deep ball). These aren’t skills you can simply coach up.

All this talk about his talent but the world is full of talented people who couldn’t make it to the top. We need a guy who can win us a Super Bowl and beat the other elite QBs. Kyler has not and will never be that guy.
It was only two years ago that he was the leading candidate for NFL MVP. Everybody was raving about how great he was playing in 2021 up to late November. That was not an illusion. It was not insignificant data.

After AJ Green didn't turn around at the end of the Packers game, and he got hurt, he hasn't played great for a whole game since then. Why? That's for him and coaches to figure out. It's not that he can't do it, history shows he can. Will he? Unfortunately it is a question.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
Omg he’s had two games where he didn’t look great on a new team not playing for a year oh mom the sky is falling whatever will we do. Yeah let’s draft a rookie QB and throw him back there with all this trash that will fix it right? Fans are dumb and want the flavor of the moment the same people that think Dobbs is all of sudden gonna become something after 7 years of nothing. But yeah let’s trade away our pro bowl QB because he can’t elevate a team full of trash, or apparently even stop the other team from scoring at will. Yes it’s all Murray’s fault ship his ass out of town…
Ryan Leaf was nominated to 2 Pro Bowls in his career

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah that’s exactly what I said… get serious I didn’t even say he played well ! But don’t let that stop your ridiculous takes. Like I said what’s around you matters, play calling matters, balanced attack matters. Looked great on the first drive then we abandoned that game plan period. No other way to look at it and I never said he played well the rest of the game, if you morons want to put words in my mouth that’s your prerogative. He needs to play better but expecting him to excel in this dumpster fire we are fielding right now is ignorant period! And if you watched the game something clearly happened to his hand which obviously affected his throws and they were messing with it on the sideline.
Brees has consistently targeted smaller wideouts, such as Marques Colston (5'11"), Lance Moore (5'7"), and Willie Snead (5'8").

Bad offensive line:
Russell Wilson has earned a reputation as one of the most elusive and resilient quarterbacks in the NFL. His ability to extend plays under pressure and evade defenders has been crucial to his success, especially behind a Seattle Seahawks offensive line that has struggled with consistency at times. Wilson's quick release, scrambling ability, and knack for making plays on the run have made him a formidable force even when faced with constant pressure.

, Rodgers has thrived under pressure, exhibiting exceptional mobility, anticipation, and decision-making skills. His ability to extend plays, make plays on the run, and find open receivers under duress has been a key factor in his success.
Warner has pointed out the Murray doesn't take the "layup" in his film study. In addition, Warner was not mobile and had many years of bad lines.

I agree that it is hard to discern where to place blame on this team.