SUNS MAKE OFFER TO HUNTER........
------------------------------------------
NBA Rumor Central: Pistons Offer Irks Wallace

Monday, July 3WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
You must be registered for see images attach

Ben Wallace
Pistons
Pistons Offer Irks Wallace
Jul 3 - The Detroit Free Press reports the Pistons have offered a four-year deal worth approximately $48 million to free agent Ben Walllace, while the Chicago Bulls have started bidding at closer to $52 million for four seasons.According to The Detroit News, negotiations between Wallace and the Pistons have gotten off to a rough start.
"It was disappointing," he told the newspaper. "It was not at all what I expected."

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Derek Fisher
Warriors
Jazz?
Jazz Eye Fisher
Jul 3 - The Deseret Morning News reports if the Utah Jazz can't find shooting help via free-agency, they may have an alternate route to fill their glaring need. According to the newspaper it's believed Utah has spoken with Golden State about trading for veteran guard Derek Fisher, and a proposal may be on the table.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Al Harrington
Hawks
Pacers?
Knicks?
Harrington Coming Home?
Jul 3 - The Indianapolis Star reports Atlanta Hawks free agent Al Harrington, who played the first six seasons of his NBA career with Indiana, is one of their primary targets.The feeling is mutual. "I know there has been some interest there in Indiana," Harrington told the newspaper on Saturday night. "I've always considered Indiana home. To come back, it would be like I never left."

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Sam Cassell
Clippers
Cassell Stays A Clipper
Jul 3 - The Los Angeles Daily News reports Sam Cassell agreed to a two-year, $13 million contract Sunday with the Los Angeles Clippers that will allow him to follow through with his plan to play two more NBA seasons, then start a coaching career.According to the Orange County Register, Cassell turned down a firm two-year, $15 million offer from the Atlanta Hawks.
"I gave it a lot of thought and there were times during (Saturday) night when it went back and forth," Cassell told the Orange County Register. "I decided to sleep on it and come up with a decision (this) morning."

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Joel Przybilla
Trail Blazers
Bulls?
Kings?
Spurs?
Spurs In The Hunt For Pryzbilla
Jul 3 - Joel Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, told the San Antonio Express-News Saturday that the Spurs are among the teams the free-agent center is considering."He's wide open," Duffy said. "Nothing has been looked at too closely yet, but he certainly has a lot of respect for the Spurs."
On Saturday Pryzbilla told The Oregonian that he is "torn" on what he will do.
"It's a tough decision, and already it has been very stressful," Przybilla said. "I don't know if I'm excited or scared."
The newspaper reports his decision comes down to money and the opportunity to play for a better team than the Blazers.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Tyson Chandler
Bulls
Bulls Shopping Chandler?
Jul 3 - The Detroit News reports the Bulls have been shopping Tyson Chandler around the league in hopes of getting a more offensive-minded big man like Golden State's Troy Murphy or Utah's Carlos Boozer, and had their free-agent sights on a less-expensive center such as Joel Przybilla or Nazr Mohammed.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Mike James
Raptors
Hawks?
Mavericks?
Rockets?
Knicks?
Interest In James Heats Up
Jul 3 - The Dallas Morning News reports plenty of competition has cropped up in the Mavericks pursuit of Toronto free agent Mike James. According to the newspaper, the Atlanta Hawks and Houston Rockets are also pursuing the guard.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Bonzi Wells
Kings
Hot For Bonzi
Jul 3 - The Sacramento Bee reports two days into negotiations, the Kings have plenty of competition for Bonzi Wells. His agent, William Phillips, told the newspaper he already has received six offers, including one made by the Kings on Saturday that is believed to be for more than the $5 million midlevel exception. According to the newspaper, Phillips has made a counteroffer and is waiting to hear back from Kings president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie.The Detroit Free Press reports Wells is high on the Pistons' summer shopping list.
The Rocky Mountain News reports the Nuggets are courting Wells, but Phillips said the Nuggets likely would need to do a sign-and-trade for him.

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Eric Piatkowski
Bulls
Suns Ink Piatkowski
Jul 3 - The Arizona Republic reports that Chicago free agent Eric Piatkowski agreed Sunday to a two-year, $2.4 million deal with Phoenix.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

DJ Mbenga
Mavericks
Mbenga Re-Signs With Mavs
Jul 3 - The Dallas Morning News reports the Mavericks come to terms with backup center D.J. Mbenga on a multiyear contract Sunday.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

J.R. Smith
Hornets
Spurs?
Hornets Ready To Deal J.R.?
Jul 3 - According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune it appears more than likely that J.R. Smith will be traded. His father, Earl, told the newspaper Sunday that Smith will not participate on the Hornets' summer league team in Las Vegas because he believes a trade is possibly in the works."If a trade happens, it happens," Earl Smith said. "It doesn't matter to us really, but he's not playing in summer league. Why play if he's going to be traded?"

WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Clifford Robinson
Nets
Robinson Remains A Net
Jul 3 - The Bergen Record reports the Nets reached a tentative agreement on a new two-year deal with Cliff Robinson on Saturday. According to the newspaper the second year is the Nets option.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
You must be registered for see images

Cleveland
Cavs Contact Free Agents
Jul 3 - The Willoughby News-Herald reports Cavaliers spoke to the agents for Portland center Joel Przybilla, Memphis forward/center Lorenzen Wright and Mark Bartelstein about Los Angeles Lakers swingman Devean George.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY
You must be registered for see images

Rasual Butler
Hornets
Nets Target Butler
Jul 3 - The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Nets are targeting the Hornets Rasual Butler to help improve the teams shooting.
WHOINTERESTEDTHE SKINNY

Lindsey Hunter
Pistons
Suns Offer Contract To Hunter?
Jul 3 - The Detroit News reports the Phoenix Suns have met with Lindsey Hunter and apparently offered him their bi-annual exception, which would pay him $3 million over the next two seasons. However according to the newspaper Hunter has said he wants to finish his career with the Pistons.

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
This offseason would really suck if all we could get is Hunter and Piatkowski.

We should atleast try and trade for JR Smith.

Another move we should consider is offering Bonzi Wells our entire MLE for 4 years, Or doing a sign and trade for him with us sending Sac Barbosa & Jones.

Bonzi would also start, And Diaw & Kurt Thomas could come off the bench and that would create more depth since Diaw could backup PG/SF/PF.

Nash
Bell
Wells
Marion
Amare

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
If Przybilla signs with the Spurs that makes them tougher.

Hunter will probably stay with the Pistons.

Mbenga resigns with the Mavs........damn Cuban is spending the money there!

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
Does the bi-annual exception count fully against the cap? If it does, doesn't signing Hunter completely defeat the purpose of getting rid of Brian Grant's contract? In fact, since it would be for two years, it would actually be worse than Grants contract. This suggests to me that management actually thinks Hunter can contribute, which is frightening. At least Piatkowski was a veteran minimum. Anything more for Hunter, who is just as useless, is too much.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Just hope that the Mavs dont sign mike James(a big upgrade over terry). If they do and the spurs sign prysbilla, everyone in contention in the west(Clips,Lakers,Spurs,Mavs) gets better except the suns.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
Jul 3 - According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune it appears more than likely that J.R. Smith will be traded. His father, Earl, told the newspaper Sunday that Smith will not participate on the Hornets' summer league team in Las Vegas because he believes a trade is possibly in the works."If a trade happens, it happens," Earl Smith said. "It doesn't matter to us really, but he's not playing in summer league. Why play if he's going to be traded?"

To me, that doesn't sound like a player that is trying to be the best he can be.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Just hope that the Mavs dont sign mike James(a big upgrade over terry). If they do and the spurs sign prysbilla, everyone in contention in the west(Clips,Lakers,Spurs,Mavs) gets better except the suns.

Except, of course, Amare Stoudemire comes back.

NastyOne

Reaction score
Money pinching Sarver is doing exactly what i thought he would.

And thats sign anyone that will play for peanuts.

Why even attempt to sign Hunter when Speedy Claxton or Mike James could be had for part or all of the MLE?

Hunter will prove to be horrible if he signs with us, and just like Grant he will see no minutes in the playoffs.

Then we'll trade another first rounder to move his contract in 07.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NastyOne said:

Why even attempt to sign Hunter when Speedy Claxton or Mike James could be had for part or all of the MLE?

Hunter will prove to be horrible if he signs with us, and just like Grant he will see no minutes in the playoffs.

Much more weeping and gnashing of teeth. :hairraise

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
NastyOne said:

You do know that Jesus himself, BC, was the one who wanted Grant...right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
You do know that Jesus himself, BC, was the one who wanted Grant...right?

However, I always give points for effort. I think BC at least thought Grant still had a little gas left in the tank if he was recovered from injury. It turns out he didn't. A healthy Brian Grant at least was a very talented inside player.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
However, I always give points for effort. I think BC at least thought Grant still had a little gas left in the tank if he was recovered from injury. It turns out he didn't. A healthy Brian Grant at least was a very talented inside player.

I'm sorry, but Brian Grant has not been healthy in about 4 years. It was a dumb signing by BC. But yet, people find a way to rip Sarver for it!

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
NastyOne said:

James is going to want to go to a team where he can start.

NastyOne

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
I'm sorry, but Brian Grant has not been healthy in about 4 years. It was a dumb signing by BC. But yet, people find a way to rip Sarver for it!

When did i rip Sarver for signing Grant?

It was a risky signing that didnt pan out

I ripped him for trading picks to move Grants small contract when he could've just ate it and not been so cheap.

Now we'll probably do the same with Lindsey Hunter, who doesnt fit in at all with our playing style and in the 07 offseason we'll have to get rid of him too and it will cost us another draft pick.

If you're going to be cheap and sign scrubs cause they cost less, don't cry when they dont produce and then decide its time to move them.

Cause in the end all it does is cost us draft picks.

How many times does a team have to get bit on the ass before they stop doing the same thing over and over again?

NastyOne

Reaction score
Sun Devil Jay said:
James is going to want to go to a team where he can start.

I don't know about that

Hes considering the Mavs, and he won't start there with Terry and Harris.

He would get alot of minutes being Nash's primary backup.

This would allow us to play Nash 30mpg and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

nowagimp

Reaction score
NastyOne said:
I don't know about that

Hes considering the Mavs, and he won't start there with Terry and Harris.

He would get alot of minutes being Nash's primary backup.

This would allow us to play Nash 30mpg and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

I think that if James goes to the mavs, terry will not be resigned. James looks like a better player than terry, though the "raptor factor" must be evaluated. My impressions are that James is a better ball handler and can get his shot off against almost anyone.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
I think that if James goes to the mavs, terry will not be resigned. James looks like a better player than terry, though the "raptor factor" must be evaluated. My impressions are that James is a better ball handler and can get his shot off against almost anyone.

It's already been reported that Terry will re-sign with the Mavs on a 6 yr deal. It was reported a few days ago.

nowagimp

Reaction score
jlove said:
It's already been reported that Terry will re-sign with the Mavs on a 6 yr deal. It was reported a few days ago.

Yeah I read that after the post. The raptors are not interested in Daniels either. I doubt BC would take stack(too old for that young team) in a trade either.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
I ripped him for trading picks to move Grants small contract when he could've just ate it and not been so cheap.

The Suns traded for a 2007 pick, which is likely to be a lot more valuable than 21 in 2007 and got a trade exemption to boot.

Trading the 27 for money might be cheap, but only if there is someone at that spot who could actually contribute.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, don't forget that $1.3m trade exception. :lol:

The Suns don't have their biannual exception, and I can't see them signing Lindsay Hunter for two years over the minimum. Actually, I'm not sure there's much difference between the vet minimum for Hunter and the $1.7m exception--Hunter's been around forever--so they're probably offering him the same deal they offered Piatkowski.

Basically, the Suns are a soft landing for Hunter if the Pistons decide to dump him in favor of Tony Delk. I can hardly contain my excitement. :|

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Pistons don't re-sign Ben Wallace, I'd expect guys like Hunter to look for greener pastures.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
When did i rip Sarver for signing Grant?

It was a risky signing that didnt pan out

I would honestly understand your complaint if they hadn't received Cleveland's 2007 draft pick in return. Right now I think that looks like a great trade (again assuming they wouldn't draft Marcus Williams). Now if they sell that Cleveland pick for cash only I'll be right there with you guys bitching about Sarver being cheap. I think it's likely they'll use that pick in a trade, but it better be to improve the team and not just the owner's bottom line.

Joe Mama

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen