Initial top 100 ~ 2020 draft

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would build the OL in FA and DL in FA and early in the draft
The tough part is that free agency doesn't always align with needs. I am also more inclined to build a deeper roster through free agency to enable more flexibility through the draft. An example of this would be adding a player like Stephen Weatherly from Minnesota. Pay him a bit above the market rate, give him a chance to compete for a starting spot, and you have a low invested cost if he can't handle it.

Let's look at our depth chart heading into next year on the lines.

OL
1-Justin Pugh - OG
2-Mason Cole )G/C
3-JR Sweezy - OG
4-Lamont Gaillard - C/OG
5-Joshua Miles - OT
6-
7-
8-

Three open spots. Our free agents are...
AQ Shipley
Max Garcia
DJ Humphries
Marcus Gilbert
Justin Murray (RFA)

DL
1-Corey Peters - DT
2-Michael Dogbe - DE
3-Zach Allen - DE
4-
5-
6-
7-

Four open spots. Our free agents are...
Rodney Gunter
Clinton McDonald
Jonathan Bullard
Zach Kerr

So, what is the path?
I think it starts with re-signing some players...
DJ Humphries
Justin Murray
Rodney Gunter
Jonathan Bullard

From there we can add some outside FAs...

DJ Reader would be great, but I don't think Houston lets him go.

Same with Chris Jones from KC.

I think three names I would look at would Jarran Reed, Derek Wolfe, and A'Shawn Robinson. None are huge names, but all are proven dudes. Wolfe and Robinson have experience at the NFL level in a 3-4 and Reed did in college.

The offensive line is tougher because I don't know how many of the FAs actually get to free agency.

Conner McGovern and JC Tretter make sense if they are not franchised and we are not sold on Cole and Gaillard.

Daryl Williams and Mike Remmers are options at RT, especially if we want to keep our options open to taking a T high in the draft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Resign Humphries and sign Brandon Schreff

with the money spent on the guards and their performance this year, I don't see them cutting Pugh to sign a big dollar guard

Pugh and Sweezy are locks, with Cole taking over for Shipley

I think DJ gets resigned -- so the shopping list is a starting RT via FA or draft

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
with the money spent on the guards and their performance this year, I don't see them cutting Pugh to sign a big dollar guard

Pugh and Sweezy are locks, with Cole taking over for Shipley

I think DJ gets resigned -- so the shopping list is a starting RT via FA or draft
DJ in all likelihood gets a deal or franchised.

Murray should get resigned at least for depth.

Wonder if they offer an incentive deal for Gilbert for a season. Assuming he wants to play still.

Yeah Sweezy and Pugh are back at G with Cole or Gallaird starting at C.

Then draft a G/RT in 1st or 2nd, to take over at some point or start right off the bat if they can handle it.

Don't forget the DL, LB possibly S still needs addressing as well pretty early in the draft, depending how FA fairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard