Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

Release Date: January 11, 2008
Studio: Freestyle Releasing
Director: Uwe Boll
Screenwriter: Glenn M. Benest, David Freeman, Doug Taylor
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense battle sequences)
Website: In the Name of the King | MySpace.com/IntheNameoftheKing

Starring: Jason Statham, Leelee Sobieski, John Rhys-Davies, Ray Liotta, Matthew Lillard, Burt Reynolds, Will Sanderson, Ron Perlman, Claire Forlani, Brian J. White, Kristanna Loken, Gabrielle Rose

Plot Summary: A simple family man (Jason Statham) is forced to take up arms after an evil sorcerer (Ray Liotta) unleashes an army of bloodthirsty beasts that destroy his small village and capture his beautiful wife (Claire Forlani). As the marauding forces overrun the land in an effort to overthrow the king (Burt Reynolds) and his loyal magus (John Rhys-Davies), the once peace-loving peasant and his two companions (Ron Perlman and Will Sanderson) venture into perilous, uncharted terrain on a daring rescue mission. In this breathtaking fantasy adventure, director Uwe Boll conjures up a medieval world filled with royal treachery, dark magic and spectacular battles, all set against some of the most awe-inspiring vistas ever captured on film.

You must be registered for see images

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Man, I thought I saw a commercial for this a couple weeks ago and I saw Ray Liotta...but, I didn't believe it until now.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Director: Uwe Boll

*clears throat*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
When will production studios finally stop giving Uwe Boll money to make horrible movies based on video games? Haven't they noticed the pattern yet? Every movie this ****** does is based on some video game, has a huge budget, and makes a total of $5.50 at the box office (Uwe Boll himself goes to one show, but even he goes at the matinee price.)

I can't wait to download this one and laugh my fool head off. Anyone that pays money to see this pile of crap is going to be pretty pissed off.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I can't wait to download this one and laugh my fool head off. Anyone that pays money to see this pile of crap is going to be pretty pissed off.

I plan on paying to see The Orphanage and then sneaking in to see this afterwords.

The MST3K fan in me insists I see it but I'll be damned if I'm paying for it!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When will production studios finally stop giving Uwe Boll money to make horrible movies based on video games? Haven't they noticed the pattern yet? Every movie this ****** does is based on some video game, has a huge budget, and makes a total of $5.50 at the box office (Uwe Boll himself goes to one show, but even he goes at the matinee price.)

I don't know the numbers, but I gotta think his movies make pretty good money overseas, especially in places like Japan. There's no other reason to give this guy a camera.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I don't know the numbers, but I gotta think his movies make pretty good money overseas, especially in places like Japan. There's no other reason to give this guy a camera.

He's said in interviews that he is in business because his movies make their money back in domestic DVD sales and overseas box office. The fact that he keeps the budgets at 25 million or less has helped him, although I read an interview with him where he said that In the Name of the King needs to make a profit in the domestic box office.

I hope it tanks and relegates him to straight-to-video territory.

Some brief Uwe Boll history for those uninitiated; this is the man responsible for House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, and Bloodrayne, all three of which reside in the "Worst 100 Movies of All Time" list on the IMDB.

Despite being widely lambasted by critics and viewers alike, he has a whopping 10 MOVIES IN DEVELOPMENT!!!!

As Chaplin said, there's no conceivable reason he should be behind the camera. Ever.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some brief Uwe Boll history for those uninitiated; this is the man responsible for House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, and Bloodrayne, all three of which reside in the "Worst 100 Movies of All Time" list on the IMDB.

As Chaplin said, there's no conceivable reason he should be behind the camera. Ever.
Thank you; I am WAY too lazy to look him up...

asudevil83

Reaction score
oh man....this was absolutely aweful. AWEFUL

went in expecting horrible "sci-fi channel-esque" acting/production and it was WORSE.

made it 20 minutes in and just had to leave. skipped over to The Bucket List instead....which was a little better.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh man....this was absolutely aweful. AWEFUL

went in expecting horrible "sci-fi channel-esque" acting/production and it was WORSE.

made it 20 minutes in and just had to leave. skipped over to The Bucket List instead....which was a little better.

Yup this was totally terrible. I made it till the end though. It didnt get any better.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I've seen it six times now. And I must say there is no better cinematic adventure ever created. You guys are just a bunch of haters.