Imma Have To Start Watching The WNBA

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No jokes here..

My best friends lil sis, who in the 8th grade now, was a lil girl we looked after when a baby.. She watched us get drunk and do stupid things.. anyways..

This girl is 5'7 now and aint even in HS.. I remember showing her some things in basketaball.. I take no credit.. He father was a semi pro basketball player..

This girl would rather pass or do the lil things.. When asked if she can score so many points, she will go out and score that exact many points.. Not over or under.. The exact amout of points.. She will take over a game in three different aspects of the game..

Never thought Id watch the WNBA.. but it might be coming close..

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure! Imma try to steer here away from the Lady Vols.. Either Uconn, UofA or ASU!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually thought the WNBA was a joke for years. last season, a co-worker asked if I wanted to go to a game because he was a friend of Sue Bird from Seattle and I joked around with the guy and gave him hell for even asking, but eventually I gave in and my family went, and to my surprise it was a pretty good time. Taurasi is a great player and the Mercury do a great job putting on a show. As a father of two girls, I think that its pretty cool that female athletes can go to a game and have pros not only to look up to but something to strive for. I look forward to going to more games this year and seeing Taurasi toss in 50+.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually thought the WNBA was a joke for years. last season, a co-worker asked if I wanted to go to a game because he was a friend of Sue Bird from Seattle and I joked around with the guy and gave him hell for even asking, but eventually I gave in and my family went, and to my surprise it was a pretty good time. Taurasi is a great player and the Mercury do a great job putting on a show. As a father of two girls, I think that its pretty cool that female athletes can go to a game and have pros not only to look up to but something to strive for. I look forward to going to more games this year and seeing Taurasi toss in 50+.

Me and you were some of the harshest critics of the WNBA.. Interesting how we changed our minds lol..

I still think its a fledging product though.. They need to do something to it attract fans.. Dont know how though..

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Me and you were some of the harshest critics of the WNBA.. Interesting how we changed our minds lol..

I still think its a fledging product though.. They need to do something to it attract fans.. Dont know how though..

Tighter jerseys with the top and shorts being half the length? That would attract plenty...but I do watch some of the WNBA because I just enjoy watching sports. There's not really any competition that I hate and the Mercury are turning into a pretty good team. With the two great guards they have and maybe Parker from Tennessee...wow.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i'd still wather watch the HS state tourney than the WNBA - we have season tickets through work, can't give the things away

the league is a joke as a major sport

they have their niche and i'm glad their niche has something to enjoy - just quit playing it off like a top level product for the masses

with that said if i had a daughter, family friend, etc that was top level at any sport i'd check them out and support them and not use my opinion to piss on their dreams

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i'd still wather watch the HS state tourney than the WNBA - we have season tickets through work, can't give the things away

the league is a joke as a major sport

they have their niche and i'm glad their niche has something to enjoy - just quit playing it off like a top level product for the masses

with that said if i had a daughter, family friend, etc that was top level at any sport i'd check them out and support them and not use my opinion to piss on their dreams
First of all no one ever said it was a major sport. Second of all, playing it off like its a major sport? what should they do/ should tehy just do away with all concessions, get rid of the mascot, and do away with game ops? The organization puts forth their all regardless of the numbers and that is a good thing. To say, "quit playing it off like a top level product for the masses" is an absurd statement.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
no it isn't - forcing NBA franchise owners to take a stake in this league in absurd - coming up with edgy marketing like "we got next" or "we got game" is absurd - the amount of money that is thrown into the league & press coverage in an effort to get it to catch on is absurd considering the ratings, attendance and overall profitability of the league

they present themselves in a very major league fashion - i think MLS is a more successful gig in this nation and they are reasonable enough to present themselves as such

WNBA is pretty much the equivalent of MLL or AFL 2

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, if you ever want to go to a game, I have season tix this year.

I'll invite you along sometime :)