If either were available when our 1st pick comes,

Should Cards pass on Simmons or Brown, if available, for the top OL or WR.

• No way, they gotta take a stud like Simmons or Brown if available

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Yes, the greater need for a starting OT or another Fitz incarnate trumps everything

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Should the Cards pass on Derrick Brown DT or Isaiah Simmons LB for a top OT like Becton or WR like Jeudy? (Quick answer via poll, if you post a longer reply or not.)

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m against taking a WR in the top 10 for the most part, but I’d much rather take a WR top 10 than a ILB top 10.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How would a draft like this look, if we were able to get Simmons or Brown?

Round 1 Pick 8: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn or Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
Round 2 Pick 8: Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin
Round 3 Pick 8: Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Round 4 Pick 8: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
Round 6 Pick 23: Evan Weaver, ILB, California
Round 7 Pick 8: Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m against taking a WR in the top 10 for the most part, but I’d much rather take a WR top 10 than a ILB top 10.

Better an athletic freak like Simmons then a +325 pounds Dt with not great college production and with very poor athleticism

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm still torn. I won't be able to answer this one until free agency is underway. If we invest in ILB and multiple DL, then OT/WR for sure. If not, then maybe defense.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler Murray.

our offense wasn’t bad at all last year after week 4, but our defense was damn near last if not last in the NFL.

you can’t pass up on a generational talent like Simmons
I get where you are coming from. I basing my opinion on the hopes we add to our defense in free agency AND after the first round.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just read the USA today mock. Has us trading #8 to the Colts for #13, #34 and a late round pick....and still getting Lamb at #13.

I would take that deal all day long. 3 top 40 picks in this draft would be great.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If he’s there, Simmons should be the pick. End of story. Been saying that for awhile.
He’s exactly what the defense needs.

To pass on him for a WR, in a ridiculously deep WR class would be a huge mistake.
Yup

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A friend in Cleveland says local sports radio said if Becton is still there at 8, they will trade up with Cardinals to get him. I believe Cleveland is at #10.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read the USA today mock. Has us trading #8 to the Colts for #13, #34 and a late round pick....and still getting Lamb at #13.

I would take that deal all day long. 3 top 40 picks in this draft would be great.
This would be awesome. Colts want Love?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We can all differ and we will really never actually know till later, as will the NFL teams, but if I had Brown on the board, I would then shoot that selection up to the stage with a thermonuclear missile... if Brown is gone and Simmons is there, I would take Wirfs or Wills because this team needs to secure the trenches :newcards:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Most of the people I communicate with believe Simmons will be gone long before the Cards pick. Sentiment is Wirfs or a trade back and Lamb.
Mcshay & Kiper seem to think it will be Becton. They have the Cowboys taking Lamb. Doesn't mean they're right. I'm in the belief that our pick at #8 depends on our FA signings. I know, huge reach there lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We can all differ and we will really never actually know till later, as will the NFL teams, but if I had Brown on the board, I would then shoot that selection up to the stage with a thermonuclear missile... if Brown is gone and Simmons is there, I would take Wirfs or Wills because this team needs to secure the trenches :newcards:
You're right, they do need that but we also need to cover people. The defense gave up too many points in 2019, cost us 4-5 wins. The OL as is held up good enough to keep us in games. I'm not saying the OL is elite either, they do need to get better. Simmons is a guy you just shouldn't pass on if he's there imo. He would probably help this defense more than Brown. Either way, we should take one of the 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard