I thought something was supposed to happen today

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
All this waiting is driving me crazy. I understand not overpaying someone but for god sakes this is ridicualous. If we dont sign Colvin, this offseason will be a bust. The other players are solid but dont have star ability like colvin. Thoughts?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by General Chaos
All this waiting is driving me crazy. I understand not overpaying someone but for god sakes this is ridicualous. If we dont sign Colvin, this offseason will be a bust. The other players are solid but dont have star ability like colvin. Thoughts?

Sorry while Colvin is a solid player he is not what I would call a "star" that being said I still hope we sign him!

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
i know but we're deperate. But 10+ sacks back to back seasons is very impressive.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will take alot more that Colvin to make this FA period. In addition to Colvin, we need another DE, S, C, WR, and QB.

We have more holes than the Titanic.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know but we're deperate. But 10+ sacks back to back seasons is very impressive.

Agreed like I said I still want him BADLY!!!

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Are Colvin and Stewart the only players we've made offers to? I lie Dexter Jackson's abillity, he would be nice to add as well. I also would take a chance on Kevin Dyson, he is very talented, and would compliment our speedy recievers.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is my understanding. Colvin and Stewart have offers. We take at least 48 hours after a vist to make an offer.....

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Colvin and Stewart the only players we've made offers to? I lie Dexter Jackson's abillity, he would be nice to add as well. I also would take a chance on Kevin Dyson, he is very talented, and would compliment our speedy recievers.

My dream would be to sign Colvin, Holiday, and Jackson on the Defense!

I would then like to see us sign either Crowell, Dyson, or the WR who got cut from SD whos name is fricken escaping me right now :confused: or two of those guys!

Then I hope we end up with Jeff Blake at QB!

This would solve much of our problems and this team COULD compete if that happened!

Oh yea Draft Suggs if available as well! :)

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
My dream would be to sign Colvin, Holiday, and Jackson on the Defense!

I would then like to see us sign either Crowell, Dyson, or the WR who got cut from SD whos name is fricken escaping me right now :confused: or two of those guys!

Then I hope we end up with Jeff Blake at QB!

This would solve much of our problems and this team COULD compete if that happened!

Oh yea Draft Suggs if available as well! :)

Conway??

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we make a splash in FA like you describe. However, i am not holding my breath. We have made only 2 FAs an offer and I can not remember when we signed more than two FAs in the FA period before camp.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Hopefully we make a splash in FA like you describe. However, i am not holding my breath. We have made only 2 FAs an offer and I can not remember when we signed more than two FAs in the FA period before camp.

Me either but I can dream. Plus Graves did say he would like to sign around 6 to 7 FAs that could come in and start.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope that dreams come true. Can anyone say disneyland:D

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
First of all, Some of you seem just a little too impatient.

Just because we haven't signed anyone yet, doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Secondly, what's this about having 48 hours after they left to make them an offer???? HUH???
Where did that come from?
I've never heard of that?
And it makes no sense...
during free agent period any one can make an offer to anyone at anytime. Period, to my knowledge. You don't HAVE to bring them in. If you want to sign them without a physical, etc, you are free to do that if you choose.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OOPS! just re-read the post and see that it wasn't claimed that a team only had 48 hrs to make an offer.

my bad.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tango, if we're patient for a long enough time, there won't be any decent players left to squander or $34 mil on.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Agree and Disagree

Originally posted by JeffGollin
Tango, if we're patient for a long enough time, there won't be any decent players left to squander or $34 mil on.

Definately agree on that one Jeff. Let's hope we get someone signed next week.

Colvin is the guy we need and I'd be surprised if we lost him. If we do lose him it probably won't be because someone outbid us. He's the best available D player out there and is worthy of big bucks.

With that said it's not the end of the world if Colvin goes elsewhere.....it might be if we lose him, Okeafor, Blake/Stewart/, etc. etc.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Secondly, what's this about having 48 hours after they left to make them an offer???? HUH???

Tango, per Rod Graves' interview on 03/06/2003 (KDUS) he said it takes at least 48 hours before the Cards are ready to make a proposal. Most of us here (I believe) think that puts us at a disadvantage to signing FAs. I read you posted a response to your own comment. This is just to clarify why I am saying.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison