I am vegan; Ask me anything

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my first impossible burger (a slider) the other day. First time I legitimately could not tell the difference. DCR didn't either (until after I told him what it was).

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Had my first impossible burger (a slider) the other day. First time I legitimately could not tell the difference. DCR didn't either (until after I told him what it was).

They’re so good!

Where’d you get them?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does he realize what is at steak? We will have to keep on ribbing him. Hopefully he is not so upset that he loses focus while driving and T-bones someone.

If he gets in a wreck he'll roast in the sun. Maybe he can out flank the other drivers.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Had the avocado Beyond tacos at Del Taco. Highly recommended!

So, yesterday I finally tried the Beyond Burger at Carl's Jr. I must confess that I'm not a big fan of Carl's and consider it pretty much the bottom of the barrel of fast food IMHO, but I really wanted to try the Beyond. I have to say they did a great job making it so similar to a beef patty, because that sandwich was just as sh*tty as all their regular meat burgers.

However I do like Del Taco, so I'm looking forward to giving their Beyond Tacos a whirl.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However I do like Del Taco, so I'm looking forward to giving their Beyond Tacos a whirl.

My wife is anxiously awaits your review. She wants to try meatless and has decided that Del Taco is as safe a place as any for a first try.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, yesterday I finally tried the Beyond Burger at Carl's Jr. I must confess that I'm not a big fan of Carl's and consider it pretty much the bottom of the barrel of fast food IMHO, but I really wanted to try the Beyond. I have to say they did a great job making it so similar to a beef patty, because that sandwich was just as sh*tty as all their regular meat burgers.

Really? I rank them #2 in my personal fast food burger chain rankings. Wataburger holds down the number 1 spot yet again

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I’m in line at a taco truck, waiting for my vegan quesadilla. :)

You must be registered for see images

Yuma01

Reaction score
Not a question. I do eat a lot of meatless meals. I have not tried beyond meat yet. I go to the store and there’s theses tiny patties in a package for the same price as I can buy twice the amount of meat! With two sons who eat a lot, I just can’t make the justification to blow my budget up on beyond meat products! So unless I hit the lottery, I just can’t get passed the price difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
My wife is anxiously awaits your review. She wants to try meatless and has decided that Del Taco is as safe a place as any for a first try.

Knowing that your wifey was anxiously awaiting my review, I ventured to try the Del Taco Beyond Tacos today, and you can tell MrsYeahBut that they are pretty damn good. A nice hardy taco with good flavor. When you eat just the "meat" you can tell it's not beef, but in a bite with a nice mixture of "meat", cheese, shell, lettuce and tomatoes (with medium hot sauce in my case) you'd never know it's a plant source.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Not a question. I do eat a lot of meatless meals. I have not tried beyond meat yet. I go to the store and there’s theses tiny patties in a package for the same price as I can buy twice the amount of meat! With two sons who eat a lot, I just can’t make the justification to blow my budget up on beyond meat products! So unless I hit the lottery, I just can’t get passed the price difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point. They're trying to get the price points to match, but they'll need to scale up first.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose