Hydrogen fuel vehicle

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another thread on this board there was a discussion about alternate fuel powered vehicles. These vehicles will one day aliveate our dependance on oil and we will be able to tell the oil producing nations to cram it. I'm enclosing an article about the progress of this issue:

Hydrogen Generator Provides Fuel for Hybrid Vehicles
A renewable-energy hydrogen generator will play a key role in Middle Tennessee State University's (MTSU's) agriscience students' plan to set a new distance record for a renewable-energy, hydrogen vehicle next year. Under the direction of Professor of Agricultural Education Cliff Ricketts, Ph.D., the University's School of Agribusiness and Agriscience purchased a HOGEN® RE (renewable energy) hydrogen generator for use in agricultural research and as a fuel input to the school's experimental internal hydrogen-combustion and electric-hydrogen hybrid vehicles. The goal is to run a car with an electric-H2 hybrid engine over 500 miles before refueling, from Mountain City, Tenn. to Memphis, Tenn., in May 2004.

The hydrogen generators transform energy from renewable sunlight and wind to hydrogen, which can be used for industrial purposes or as a zero-emission fuel. The system interfaces directly with photovoltaic (PV), wind, or other renewable sources, and produces hydrogen continuously from renewable energy, grid power, or any mix of the two.

Dr. Ricketts and his students will begin initial tests with their unit in early September.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
No way do I take an Alt Fuel Vehicle at #6. Not with that 0-60 time.

I say trade down for two 1974 Micro Buses, and maybe a skateboard in round 7.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
I say we move Alt Vehicle to special teams gunner. You can never have enough gunners.

or Flag Boys:rolleyes:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown. They said it when we drafted him as the 3rd QB off the board last year, and they said it the day that we signed Blake.

I give you my Kerouac 9's LOCK OF THE DRAFT: We will not draft a QB in the first four rounds. You can take that to the bank. Maybe next year, if McCown looks like the next Gio Carmazzi, but not this year.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown. They said it when we drafted him as the 3rd QB off the board last year, and they said it the day that we signed Blake.

I give you my Kerouac 9's LOCK OF THE DRAFT: We will not draft a QB in the first four rounds. You can take that to the bank. Maybe next year, if McCown looks like the next Gio Carmazzi, but not this year.

This team will never be a winner with Jake Plummer as it's quarterback.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
This team will never be a winner with Jake Plummer as it's quarterback.
As long as we have David Boston we should be able to attact a quality free agent QB

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With Wadsworth, Swann, Smith and Rice....we have the best DL in the history of the league....what should be call it? The Cactus Curtain? The Desert Storm?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Wadsworth, Swann, Smith and Rice....we have the best DL in the history of the league....what should be call it? The Cactus Curtain? The Desert Storm?

ehhh..ouch!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Let's call it something different....
something more sinister, more diabolical.....

Rubarbrigade!!!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
Tommy Knight will be an all pro at CB. Mark my words!

Don't forget, we took Ty Howard in the same draft - we were building our corners for the future!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Don't forget, we took Ty Howard in the same draft - we were building our corners for the future!
Yeah, but Tito Paul was expecting to give him major competition in camp!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn